Juneau car rental near cruise dock

CHSGrl

The Goldbelt was remodeled and closed the AVIS office that was inside. Now the Goldbelt has been sold. Don't recall what it changed to but you can google goldbelt to find out. Hopefully AVIS will find a new location for it's office downtown.

Call them and ask ??

• 1 month later...

I just reserved a car with Avis now located on Mill St. which is walking distance (about 10 minutes) from the docks. Their hours are only 8-6, though, so I have to call them about returning the car later (around 9). But, they must have JUST opened this office as I tried just a couple of weeks ago and the Avis office was not there!

I just reserved a car with Avis now located on Mill St. which is walking distance (about 10 minutes) from the docks. Their hours are only 8-6, though, so I have to call them about returning the car later (around 9). But, they must have JUST opened this office as I tried just a couple of weeks ago and the Avis office was not there!

Yes, looks like they just opened and are out in the general area of where Juneau Car Rental is located.

Are you at the AJ dock? This is the only dock that is close. It's a lot further than 10 minutes from the Steamship dock, which is about 1 1/2 miles away, with an uphill climb in a section (down coming back)

We're planning on taking the public bus to the airport to rent a car. Anyone else done this?

Be certain to time that correctly, and know where the bus station is, since it only runs once/hour. Not the most convenient option since it's rare not to be waiting.

I've taken Juneau buses several times.

Be certain to time that correctly, and know where the bus station is, since it only runs once/hour. Not the most convenient option since it's rare not to be waiting.

I've taken Juneau buses several times.

Thanks, yup I'm a super planner and I have the bus schedules.