Has anyone done these snorkel sites?

BOAZ5

We have done the first 3. Eden Rock is the best, lots of coral, a lot of it deeper, quite a few fish. Not as good as Roatan though. Wreck of the Cali mostly sand bottom, the Cali split open and pieces are scattered over the bottom, you will see some large tarpon but not many other fish. Both of these have dive shops nearby where you can rent snorkel gear. Cheeseburger reef is a small beach, a bit longer walk than we expected with no sidewalks most of the way, no dive shop nearby. We didn't make it to wreck of the Gama.

We have done the first 3. Eden Rock is the best, lots of coral, a lot of it deeper, quite a few fish. Not as good as Roatan though. Wreck of the Cali mostly sand bottom, the Cali split open and pieces are scattered over the bottom, you will see some large tarpon but not many other fish. Both of these have dive shops nearby where you can rent snorkel gear. Cheeseburger reef is a small beach, a bit longer walk than we expected with no sidewalks most of the way, no dive shop nearby. We didn't make it to wreck of the Gama.[/quote

Thank you Chalker Guy! I think we have decided to do Eden Rock and walk around the town. THANKS for the info.

Thank you Chalker Guy! I think we have decided to do Eden Rock and walk around the town. THANKS for the info.

BOAZ for Eden Rock, instead of walking to the Eden Rock Dive Center, you can stop at Paradise Grill which is just befor ERDC. It's the restaurant with a green roof right on the water. If you purchase a drink or something to eat, they will set you up with a table where you can store you stuff while you snorkel. We had a waterside table that we used for about 3 hrs. (We did continually order cokes/beer and appetizers). They have snorkel gear rental there as well...and lockers if you need them. We have our own gear, so we just spent a few hours hanging out at Eden Rock Reef, swimming with the Tarpon that the restaurant feeds (this was cool) and in and out of the water. It was a great day.

We have snorkeled at Eden Rock. It is fun getting in the water with all the Tarpon right there. I hadn't let my kids know that they are there. I've never seen my son get out of the water so fast!. We saw turtles and stingrays there. We even saw a reef shark out where it drops off a little deeper. We told the waitress and she said she hadn't seen it in awhile and had been looking for it. I would recommend getting there early. We saw the best things earlier. I think it may have been a ship tour that showed up a few hours later and they seemed to scare everything away.

• 1 month later...