What time does the ship dock?

If all the stars aligned and everything went perfectly with the ship clearing customs, what is the earliest you could self-disembark (debark???) Freedom on any given Sunday?

Don't worry...I'm not trying to make a flight...just doing a little figuring about driving time...:rolleyes:

Thanks in advance...

Great question! We'd love to know that answer, too! We are looking at a 17-18 hr drive home after the return and want to have the kids in school the next day! If we don't make it back for school, we can live with it.

If all the stars aligned and everything went perfectly with the ship clearing customs, what is the earliest you could self-disembark (debark???) Freedom on any given Sunday?

Don't worry...I'm not trying to make a flight...just doing a little figuring about driving time...:rolleyes:

Thanks in advance...

Usually the first self-disembarkers will leave the ship within 45 minutes of arrival.

Great question! We'd love to know that answer, too! We are looking at a 17-18 hr drive home after the return and want to have the kids in school the next day! If we don't make it back for school, we can live with it.

We have a 22ish hour drive home and I'm trying to figure out if I can make it to work for 8am Monday morning! I'm not counting on it, but I have to plan for it if I can't. Otherwise everyone else is driving home and I'm shelling out about $600 for a flight home. Ick!:eek:

Usually the first self-disembarkers will leave the ship within 45 minutes of arrival.

not a good metric in Canaveral ... I've seen the ships pull in at 4am but CBP won't get there 'til much later.

8AM is a safe bet if you are at the front of the self line it might be earlier but 8 is a safe bet. Depends on the number of ships emptying that day and other factors.

and the self line keeps getting longer and longer . . .

From what I have seen most of the answers above with the 8am or so time are common.

Keep in mind, the ships arrival is sometimes way earlier in the morning, but they are not ready to let anyone off until later - normal customs, etc.

We have a 22ish hour drive home and I'm trying to figure out if I can make it to work for 8am Monday morning!

Ewww yuck! :( I know how that feels after a 7 night Freedom cruise and and I only had a 9 hour drive! Of course Im usually up to the standard 2 or 3 am trying to get every last bit of my cruise in. :o I learned my lesson and took the following Monday OFF!

Edited by ryano

Ewww yuck! :( I know how that feels after a 7 night Freedom cruise and and I only had a 9 hour drive! Of course Im usually up to the standard 2 or 3 am trying to get every last bit of my cruise in. :o I learned my lesson and took the following Monday OFF!

I would've loved to, however we aren't allowed to tack a personal day onto a vacation week (I work for a school). My boss is being really awesome and giving me the option anyway, but there is so much to on the Monday after vacation that I would rather not if I can help it.

Thanks for all the replies!

Self assist is normally 6.30 - 7.00am, one last night on Freedom we were just going to bed as the ship made the left turn into the channel at PC, docked around 4.00am, but disembarkation started at 6.30

We have a 22ish hour drive home and I'm trying to figure out if I can make it to work for 8am Monday morning! I'm not counting on it, but I have to plan for it if I can't. Otherwise everyone else is driving home and I'm shelling out about $600 for a flight home. Ick!:eek:

Have you considered driving at least part of the way with your family and then worst case scenario, have them drop you at BWI or other airport where you can get a direct flight back to Portland or Manchester? That could be much cheaper in the long run and you could better assess your options from the road...

• 4 weeks later...