Help! What am i doing wrong. Can't post photos

Right, I got back from my cruise 10 days ago now and since then I've been trying to post a review of what we did where with photos. BUT I just cannot add the photos successfully despite reading and re-reading the sticky on the subject in this board

This is what I do

I find the photo on Flickr and select it.

I click on Bccode selecting size etc

I then click on insert image and post the part of the url which starts IMG into the url ..... but it just doesn't work :(

Can anybody clarify exactly which part of the url I should include because I'm sure that's where I've been going wrong.

Please help.

After you click on the BBCode, copy it and paste directly into the message or text area. Don't use the insert photo icon. That should do it.

Thanks for the reply Mary. I tried that too but then I could see part of the code showing in the post. It showed my account name and I didn't think that was advisable and whatever I did I just couldn't hide it.

I will try again though if you've got it to work. I will probably just have to create a slide show and post it on Youtube. :(

Thanks for the reply Mary. I tried that too but then I could see part of the code showing in the post. It showed my account name and I didn't think that was advisable and whatever I did I just couldn't hide it.

I will try again though if you've got it to work. I will probably just have to create a slide show and post it on Youtube. :(

If you use the insert button, make sure you use the part of the code that ends with ".jpg". Many code insert options are links to the page where the photo is displayed and that will not embed.

Here is a Flickr BBCode pasted into the response window (plain text) in Chrome:

48210215_5bb70ad1c4_b.jpgCruise ship by quinet, on Flickr

It works fine because Chrome uses a plain text editor and the link contains all the code needed to embed.

Here I added spaces in the address to break it so it would display:

[u rl=https://flic.kr/p/5g6dB]

[i mg]https://farm1.staticflickr.com/25/48210215_5bb70ad1c4_b.jpg[/img][/url][u rl=https://flic.kr/p/5g6dB]Cruise ship[/url] by quinet, on Flickr

If you are using IE or some other browser and the embed code doesn't work, the code can be pasted into notepad or some plain text program and the highlighted portion (direct image link only) can be copied and pasted into the Insert Image dialog box. It will appear as shown below (I chose a large size):

48210215_5bb70ad1c4_b.jpg

If you poke around in the share options, I would guess that a direct link to image exists. I only used Flickr for a short time and am not well versed in it's details.

Dave

Edited by pierces

Thank you pierces. Surely I can't go wrong now...? Here goes!

center]7_c554f64671_z.jpg

Thank you so much. After all my struggles I am SO happy :)

Yay! ;)

Dave

Edited by pierces