Copenhagen Hotel

Cruise terminates in Copenhagen - we want to stay one night at a hotel either in Central Copenhagen or the Crowne Plaza (which I know is out near the airport but next to a metro line that I understand can get you into central Copenhagen in less than 15 minutes) - should we stay in the Crowne Plaza or is there another recommendation where the one night cost is around $200 (or less)?

We chose the Hilton at the airport. The reasons were:

-Tram is very close (12 minutes to town).

-Hotel connected to airport so you can walk to your check-in counter.

-Has early check in option for less that $20.

We plan to leave the ship , get to the hotel to drop off bags; and then tour for the day before getting an eye opening flight the next AM.

Another vote for Airport Hilton. Paid $160 last month for one night included breakfast. Quiet, convenient. Early check in if rooms available, we did not pay additional.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I would also cast my vote for the Kongens Nytorv area.

1) you are in the central part of Copenhagen with Nyhavn, Amalienborg, Rosenborg, Strøget etc.

2) Metro line M2 will get you directly to the airport from Kongens Nytorv metro station.

Good hotels in the area are Scandic Front, Hotel Admiral, Wakeup (their Borgergade property) Opera and a few more.

I´m Guessing that Hotel D´angleterre is to expensive.

Decided on the Crown Plaza. Good modern hotel with great reviews and it's across the street from the metro (which I understand is a 12 minute ride to city center). Got a great rate including breakfast and there is a shuttle to the airport.

If you are looking for a hotel with air conditioning and arice under $200, you may wish to look for a hotel near the airport. I find Copenhagen hotels substantially more expensive than those in Stockholm.

Look at lmtclub dot com, they have great prices on hotels. Hilton is connected to the airport and station, breakfast is the best complimentary buffet we have ever had. Check in for flights available in lobby at no charge.

I would also cast my vote for the Kongens Nytorv area.

1) you are in the central part of Copenhagen with Nyhavn, Amalienborg, Rosenborg, Strøget etc.

2) Metro line M2 will get you directly to the airport from Kongens Nytorv metro station.

Good hotels in the area are Scandic Front, Hotel Admiral, Wakeup (their Borgergade property) Opera and a few more.

Good information, but with an 8 AM flight, a metro or taxi ride to CPH doesn't excite me.

My husband and I will be cruising from Copenhagen to London in summer 2015 and we're beginning to investigate hotel in both cities for pre- and post- stays. About fifteen years ago, we visited Copenhagen and stayed at 71 Nyhavn, the location of which we enjoyed greatly.

However, in the time since that first visit my husband's vision has deteriorated and I'm concerned about staying in any hotel with wood beams in the walking areas of the room, especially beams which have diagonal bracing. (e.g. 71 Nyhavn or Hotel Admiral).

Now that I've told you what I don't want, here's what I do want: a great location, a room large enough to hold a king-sized bed, adequate space to walk around the bed, and a well-maintained hotel.

On our most recent trip to Europe, we were able to get that in the $300 -- $400 range. I don't know how my requirements translate into prices in Copenhagen.

Thanks for any specific recommendations.

Can you give me a date for your stay in Copenhagen and I will try to look up some hotels.

Our cruise is too far in the future (July 2015) for most hotels to have any useful information about room rates. Below, I've figured out the 2014 dates that best approximate the combination of weekdays and week-end days our eventual trip will involve. If you can get some 2014 information, I'll simply assume the 2015 price will be somewhat more.

Check in July 5 (Saturday)

Check out July 8 (Tuesday)

For example, I've looked at the smallest room in the Hotel d'Angleterre. The hotel's web site rate is 457 USD for 2014. I don't know if the hotel offers somewhat lower rates for pay in advance booking or some other strategy.

Thanks.

Edited by Pet Nit Noy

Danish Viking I am looking for your expert advice once again or at least your opinion :) This is regarding the summer family cruise I have mentioned before, I have been doing some work , do you think this is a good plan or what advice could you give me. A reminder we are a family of 7 , 4 adults and 3 boys under the age of 12

Arriving June 12 , 1 night at Airport Hilton for cruise on June 13 simply for convienence and to make an easy transfer to the ship on Saturday

Saturday June 20-23 we have rec'd what I think is a fair price and a good package including breakfast for 3 nights at Hotel Bethel. They are very gracious and helpful with all my questions , is this a property you would recommend for a family ? Good location ? Nice place ? Convienient for sight seeing and getting around ? Would you suggest we stick with taxis and public transportation over hiring some type of private Van or Limo ? I am slowly but surely working my way through this.....

Thanks so much

jan

Yes taxis are very safe and the price is a fraction of the hired vans.

We don't have a problem with pirate taxis like Amsterdam, Stockholm etc.

Bethel is a very good hotel, I did not include it in my previous list because of the same reason that poster excluded Nyhavn 71 and Admiral Hotel from his/her choices.

I'm probably overthinking this, but I've narrowed down hotel choices to the following and can't decide: The Square; Copenhagen Plaza, Palace, Scandic Copenhagen.

I want central town, so we can walk to most things. Don't care about trains/metro. Need Air Conditioning. Would prefer free wifi and breakfast included. Also, and this is probably weird, I can't stand bathrooms where the shower runs into the main bathroom floor. For some reason that just freaks me out to have water all over the whole bathroom floor.

I don't want to have to pay more than about $300-325 a night, all in.

Opinions? Suggestions? Other hotels to consider given the "must haves"?

I'm going to be there in late August. There are 2 of us.

• 2 weeks later...
Decided on the Crown Plaza. Good modern hotel with great reviews and it's across the street from the metro (which I understand is a 12 minute ride to city center). Got a great rate including breakfast and there is a shuttle to the airport.

We stayed at the Crowne in Sept. 2012 pre-cruise, and we liked it a lot. The staff was very friendly and helpful, the restaurant was very good, and it was a quick metro ride to downtown Copenhagen. We'd stay there again without question.

I'm probably overthinking this, but I've narrowed down hotel choices to the following and can't decide: The Square; Copenhagen Plaza, Palace, Scandic Copenhagen.

I want central town, so we can walk to most things. Don't care about trains/metro. Need Air Conditioning. Would prefer free wifi and breakfast included. Also, and this is probably weird, I can't stand bathrooms where the shower runs into the main bathroom floor. For some reason that just freaks me out to have water all over the whole bathroom floor.

I don't want to have to pay more than about $300-325 a night, all in.

Opinions? Suggestions? Other hotels to consider given the "must haves"?

I'm going to be there in late August. There are 2 of us.

I was just in Copenhagen last month and we stayed at the Palace hotel. It was a block from Tivoli Garden and about a block to Stroget the big shopping street. We easily walked (probably a mile or so) to Nyhaven where we took a one hour canal tour. We got the hotel through our cruise company, Holland America. Oh, and breakfast was included - a nice buffet.

I must be the only frugal traveler on the boards. I usually book 3 and 4 star hotels on Priceline and do my own bidding. I have had fabulous results and now am researching hotels in Copenhagen. Thanks Danish Viking for your expertise.

We are looking for a reasonable priced hotel that is clean, room size doesn't matter, location is more important with easy access to local public transportation. We like to be within walking distance of little local restaurants to get breakfast. We are NEVER in the hotel except to sleep. I want to rent a hotel room for two nights not purchase the hotel! LOL. I usually budget between $95 and $160 for accommodations and save mucho dollars.

Thanks again Danish Viking. It's good to have some knowledge of neighborhoods when selecting hotels. We plan to cruise in early June 2015 out of Copenhagen.

Marion

I must be the only frugal traveler on the boards. I usually book 3 and 4 star hotels on Priceline and do my own bidding. I have had fabulous results and now am researching hotels in Copenhagen. Thanks Danish Viking for your expertise.

We are looking for a reasonable priced hotel that is clean, room size doesn't matter, location is more important with easy access to local public transportation. We like to be within walking distance of little local restaurants to get breakfast. We are NEVER in the hotel except to sleep. I want to rent a hotel room for two nights not purchase the hotel! LOL. I usually budget between $95 and $160 for accommodations and save mucho dollars.

Thanks again Danish Viking. It's good to have some knowledge of neighborhoods when selecting hotels. We plan to cruise in early June 2015 out of Copenhagen.

Marion

Marion, I knew I recognized your name! You were on the Azamara Quest TA last fall and so was I. Hello again!

I just returned from a cruise to/from Copenhagen. I stayed at the Cab-Inn Metro the night before boarding the cruise, and for one person it was pretty much perfect but I'm not sure how a couple would feel about it. It had very narrow bunk beds! I think they have larger rooms that maybe have a double bed but I'm not positive.

My rate included a nice breakfast buffet. The hotel was clean and well maintained but the room was TINY. Rick Steves' book describes them as like a cruise ship cabin but I've never been in a cabin as tiny as that room was. Very good price, dependable free internet, short walk to/from the train, about a block away from a mall that had some restaurants and a grocery store among other things.

Just thought I'd post my experience in case it might help fellow travelers. :)

Marion

One of the two Wake Up hotels would be a good choice.

I have stayed at one of Cabinns hotels in Odense and the room was okay but the bathroom was tiny.

The showerhead was almost on top of the toilet so you can guess that the entire bathroom was wet after a shower.

We stayed at the Airport Hilton for $160 at the end of May this year. Rate included an extremely good buffet breakfast. Direct access to the airport,metro, train and bus. Large room with 2 queens, bath, shower and inroom coffee. Would definitely stay there again for ease of access to airport and transportation.