Santa Barbara Zoo

• 1 month later...

9 min by car and a 30 to 45 minute walk from the Santa Barbara zoo. I am pretty sure that the Tender dock is pretty close to the pier. The zoo is a great little zoo and there are things to see and do along the way. My DH and I go up to the zoo to walk around. It is a very small zoo but has a great variety of animals. There are parks along the way for kids to play in on Cabrillo Bl.

Can anyone give feedback if it is worth it to go to the Santa Barbara Zoo? Also, how far is it from the port and how can you get there since there are no excursions offered from Princess. Thanks

We love the zoo. Last time we called walked off the tender to the road and called Uber. It was under $5 each way. It took about 5 minutes from the time we called to pick up and coming back we called from the store and before we walked out front the guy was there.

We live in Ventura County but down towards Malibu area. My grandkids would rather drive an hour to go to that one instead of 30 minutes to the LA zoo. We are yearly pass holders. You can comfortably spend three hours there walking around to all the exhibits. It is like a park with wild animals.

• 2 weeks later...

It's a great little zoo with many good exhibits. My wife and I are members and will be attending breakfast with the animals this weekend. Our cruise abroad the Crystal Serenity stops there in June but, we can't get off as it's a Tender port and my wife is in a wheelchair.

Howard

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It's a nice little zoo, and it's a pretty walk from the ship. If you can walk half an hour there, half an hour back, and however much time you want to spend at the zoo, then walking is a great option.