Best beach in Cozumel??

pmck

Please tell me what your favorite beach is in Cozumel and why? My husband and i will be there in about 10 days and are interested in relaxing on a pretty beach with good food and drinks! We don't snorkel so thats not important to us! We are leaning towards Mr Sanchos AI so far, but we wre interested in the pros and cons from cruisers that have have been there!! Any and all suggestions will be appreciated !

Thanks

Patti :cool:

How is it possible that over 100 people have read this post and not one person replied? I thought this site was cruisers, helping cruisers. Have to say, that I'm pretty disappointed. I guess I'll have to go to TripAdvisor for some help!

How is it possible that over 100 people have read this post and not one person replied? I thought this site was cruisers, helping cruisers. Have to say, that I'm pretty disappointed. I guess I'll have to go to TripAdvisor for some help!

We went to Playa Mia in January. It was alright but sand is course and doesn't pack which caused feet to sink in sand and makes walking on beach difficult .

We went to Playa Mia in January. It was alright but sand is course and doesn't pack which caused feet to sink in sand and makes walking on beach difficult .

Thanks Peggy, I appreciate your feed back.

Went to mr sanchos in January 2014 and going back in September 2017. We loved it! Great service and plentiful drinks. Also had a shopping area. 20 dollar taxi ride there and 20 back. About 10-15 min taxi ride. We did the al and it was well worth it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So sorry you haven't had many replies to your question.

I have to say that we don't find any beach in Cozumel pretty.

But if there are more than two of you it would pay you to hire a car and explore the island independently. Car hire is easily available near the dock.

There is only one road which goes all the way round, and then cuts back across the middle, so you really can't get lost and you will see the two different sides of the island. The side where the ships dock has the calmest beaches but if you drive round to the other side you will see the wild side. It's the Atlantic and so there are rollers. It is quite rocky but there are some stretches of beaches which are usually empty. When our children were younger we did just that and they loved jumping in the surf. However it can be very rough according to the weather, so always take care. It's pretty isolated out there but there are a couple of bars/restaurants.

If you drive yourselves you can still go to Mr Sanchos, but having your own transport means you can stop where and when you like.

Hope you have a great time and find a beach you like.

Considering you posted your OP on a Saturday night I think your remark is a little hasty. This is a very active forum generally,compared to many port of call forums, and I think a simple scroll down the first page of this forum would give you the names of the regular popular beaches frequented by cruisers which may give you some general ideas of what is available.

I have to say, as much as I like Cozumel after visiting many times, I agree with the above poster who does not consider the beaches to be particularly pretty. An island tour would certainly take you to some of the quieter beaches and is one of our favorite activities but I would not recommend self-driving (especially if you want to drink) and while you can enjoy food and drink there and could find an isolated beach to stop at I don't think it would provide the type of relaxing day you are wanting.

Mr Sanchos would certainly not be MY idea of "relaxing on a pretty beach" but it is a popular resort and provides plenty of activities if that is what you are looking for.

If you are looking for quiet and willing to pay AI prices Nachi Cocom may be your answer, or PAYG perhaps Palancar.

If you find a post by Mitsugirly you will find photo intensive reviews of Mr Sanchos, Nachi and Palancar in her signature.

We also loved Nachi....it was worth the money to avoid the crowds on an insane Thanksgiving week cruise. Beach was nice (although some complained that the sand was too deep, and there is a bit of a drop off once you get into the water). We wanted a shady spot to enjoy some great food (check), swim and snorkel when we wanted (nothing much to see off shore but there is a tour), and have drinks flowing all day. Nachi was perfect!

And agreed....the boards are active but you need to be a little patient sometimes, especially the last weekend of spring break. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Pretty? Definitely go to the other side of the island, especially if you want to get away from narrow beaches with big crowds. The east side of the island has some wonderful beach bars that offer beautiful views, great food, cold drinks and plenty of space compared to the western side *(which is where the ships dock and most cruisers go.). We like Rasta - Bob Marley Bar and Punta Morena for the beaches. Punta Morena has a nice little pool, plenty of hammocks, a swing bar, etc. You can swim in the cove there, but most swimming on the east side is not recommended due to the rip tides and undercurrents. Hire a driver for the day to get you to the prettiest beaches.

Thanks for your answers.. I have been on this site for years, but not in the past few (because I haven't been cruising)..My comment was directed at the 100+ people that read the post and didn't respond.. NOT the people that hadn't read it yet.. So no need to get insulted here people. I do appreciate all of your feed back and am so looking forward to some much needed R & R with my husband.. Thanks again!!

Went to mr sanchos in January 2014 and going back in September 2017. We loved it! Great service and plentiful drinks. Also had a shopping area. 20 dollar taxi ride there and 20 back. About 10-15 min taxi ride. We did the al and it was well worth it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for your feed back.. we booked Mr. Sanchos too.. Looks like a neat place!!

DH and I (early 40's) spent 8 days in Cozumel last October. Almost every day we spent at Nacho Cocum. We love the drinks, the food and the service. We stayed in downtown and took a taxi each day. I think we payed 200 pesos each way and we were farther away from the port. If you get a chance go to La Choza for lunch. Its two blocks from the center of town and where the locals go to eat. We must have been the only amarican couple in the. I got a terrific corn soup for under a buck. The drinks were strong and large and it is easy to catch a taxi back only a few blocks from the restauran. i'm jealous. Wish I were going back. Whatever you do don't rent a scooter. People drive crazy down there. Have fun.

DH and I (early 40's) spent 8 days in Cozumel last October. Almost every day we spent at Nacho Cocum. We love the drinks, the food and the service. We stayed in downtown and took a taxi each day. I think we payed 200 pesos each way and we were farther away from the port. If you get a chance go to La Choza for lunch. Its two blocks from the center of town and where the locals go to eat. We must have been the only amarican couple in the. I got a terrific corn soup for under a buck. The drinks were strong and large and it is easy to catch a taxi back only a few blocks from the restauran. i'm jealous. Wish I were going back. Whatever you do don't rent a scooter. People drive crazy down there. Have fun.

Thanks so much for your feedback. We are pretty excited. Decided to go to Mr. Sanchos for the day. Anywhere there's a beach and a few cocktails will be relaxing for me.

:cool:

We went to Mr Sancho's 3 years ago and it was one of the most fun beach days we've had cruising. From what I've read it's not changed since then so we have made reservations for our next cruise in June! I wouldn't say it's a luxury resort..just depends on your expectations.

What we loved:

1. Mango margaritas with chilli pepper rimmer!!! Hands down adult best beverage I've ever had!

2. The food...beans and rice and chips and guacamole were amazing.

3. The pool...both for the kids, and us. Small, but sufficient even on a crowded day.

4. The swings in the water at the swim up pool bar.

5. The nice people set up in the market they were kind and not pushy and offered a nice variety of souveniers. My son bought a Sombrero that was authentic and has held up for wearing every hat day at school the last 3 years :')

6. Kids loved blow up floating water things. I liked that there were guys in kayaks watching kids swimming out to them

7. Warm ocean water..this should be number one! Except the mango margaritas do have to be #1!

If anyone has been recently and can comment on whether or not this is all still accurate...please do! And let me know if you go and enjoy! We went to Playa Mia one year too..but like Mr Sanchos better, for pool, food, and overall feel.

• 2 weeks later...

We did end up going to Mr. Sancho's last week on our cruise and we loved it as well. We had the "Ticket to Fly" as our first drink that day and numerous rum punches to follow. I did think that the drinks were on the weaker side (especially since the ship was very generous with their alcohol..lol).. But, they tasted very good anyway. We had coconut shrimp which were outstanding. some quesedilla's and fajitas.. everything was delicious. The service was terrific too. We did go to the swim up bar and hung out in that pool area for a while. It was all enjoyable. The only thing that we didn't like were the sales people in the shops. They hawk you the entire time that you're in their shop. They follow you around, take stuff off of the shelves and just annoy the crap out of you. We bought one shirt and left for the day. It was too aggravating to even bother with it. All in all, it was worth every cent of the $50 p/p that we payed. :cool:

NACHI COCOM

All inclusive and they only allow 135 people. That means it is NEVER crowded and they don't crowd the beach with chairs like some others do. The food, drinks, and service is top notch. They just build up a new section on the beach so they have a brand new Beach Bar, showers, and lockers. They also have an excursion company on property so you can parasail, jet ski, etc. They also have a pool with a bar. All at a great price.

• 1 month later...
Thanks for your answers.. I have been on this site for years, but not in the past few (because I haven't been cruising)..My comment was directed at the 100+ people that read the post and didn't respond.. NOT the people that hadn't read it yet.. So no need to get insulted here people. I do appreciate all of your feed back and am so looking forward to some much needed R & R with my husband.. Thanks again!!

I had read it, but was following for answers! I will be visiting Cozumel again in a few weeks. I was actually there just a couple weeks ago on a RCCL cruise. We did an excursion through the ship that went downtown for shopping at the market and then went across the island to Punta Morena (a natural reserve area) for an hour and a half or so. It was beautiful and very relaxing - just not a long enough visit to the beach. My next cruise is on Carnival and I don't see a similar excursion being offered by them. I was looking for advice on great beaches that are closer to port. It seems the general consensus is that there really aren't any great beaches on the port side of the island.