Airline changed flight to tight connection

Pearl64

We purchased our airfare to Rome for our transatlantic flight from Choice Air. I have a United confirmation number with which I chose our seats and purchased Economy Plus seats on the Newark to Rome flight. I have checked almost daily to see that our flights are still there. Lo and behold today when I checked United has dropped our flight at 12:08 from Pittsburgh to Newark and put us on the 2:45 flight. The problem is that only leaves us 50 minutes before our TA flight. I know that is a viable connection but not one I am comfortable with. There is a 10:30 am flight that we could take that would make us feel much more comfortable. I did look at other flights to Rome. Ours is the only direct one. Others have all sorts of connections and would have us arriving in Rome some 12 hours past our original arrival time. We have a Scavi tour set up for the afternoon we arrive and is paid for. Question: do I call United since they made the change or do I call Choice Air since I purchased the flight from them? I want to resolve any issues before we are at the airport trying to be proactive rather than reactive.

Thanks for all suggestions.

Pearl

Thanks for the suggestions. I did call Choice Air who is checking into changing our flight to an earlier one. There was no hassle but I will await the new flight which Choice Air said I would receive in 24-48 hours. Hopefully this is now resolved. I guess it pays to keep checking our flights to see that all is well!

Pearl