Vancouver Hotels close to Canada Place

We'll be flying into YVR the afternoon before our cruise and really won't want to do anything but relax in a clean hotel room. We usually book the Hilton family of hotel's (mostly Hampton), but don't see one near Canada Place.

I do see Days Inn Downtown Vancouver. It's reasonably priced and offers a free shuttle to the Canada Place port.

I'd appreciate any input on this hotel or any other's you'd recommend.

Thanks so much,

Fern

Edited by Plant

We'll be flying into YVR the afternoon before our cruise and really won't want to do anything but relax in a clean hotel room. We usually book the Hilton family of hotel's (mostly Hampton), but don't see one near Canada Place.

I do see Days Inn Downtown Vancouver. It's reasonably priced and offers a free shuttle to the Canada Place port.

I'd appreciate any input on this hotel or any other's you'd recommend.

There's a Hampton Inn at Robson & Beattie (across the street from the stadium), about 12 blocks from Canada Place. They also offer a free shuttle to Canada Place, but even if you took a taxi it would be hard to imagine it would be more than $10.

That being said, pretty much any hotel in the downtown core is going to be less than 2 miles from Canada Place.

If you need to be as close as possible to the port, the Pan Pacific is located directly over top of the port, just ride the hotel elevator to P1 and walk into the cruise terminal; you don't even leave the building.

I thought you rang a bell Plant - you were asking about the downtown Hampton for a post-cruise stay in January...

Assuming that you still have that in your plans, and literally just want to do as you say above pre-cruise (i.e. check-in & chillax) then whay not stay near the airport the first night? Transport into town will cost the same next morning as previous afternoon and you'll save quite a few bucks on the hotel room.

There's another Hampton near the airport, with free shuttle to/from YVR - it's also quite walkable to Skytrain, with the bonus that the nearest station is exempt from the airport surcharge. I would never recommend airport hotels for someone planning to sightsee on a short stay, but since you've got post-cruise time scheduled it would be quite practical for you to do so...

If you have the energy that evening, you can also walk to the Night Market and sample a vast array of Chinese nibbles, various bits of entertainment and a generally very-different vibe than just about anywhere else in North America.

Put your hotel savings toward cabfare and you could visit historic Steveston quite feasibly (there are also multiple local transit buses that get you from almost right outside the Hampton to within 3-5mins walk of the wharf). I heartily recommend the Cannery museum, and they have a super-quaint high street area to wander about on (as seen in almost every episode of Once Upon a Time as well as many other movies & TV shows).

Thanks, everyone. We found the Hampton Inn Airport and have made a reservation. We're coming in late and don't need anything but a place to sleep and a shuttle to Canada Place the next morning.

Thanks, everyone. We found the Hampton Inn Airport and have made a reservation. We're coming in late and don't need anything but a place to sleep and a shuttle to Canada Place the next morning.

NB: their shuttle only goes to the airport, not the cruise port, from that Hampton...

There is a hotel-to-pier shuttle service for (I think) $15pp, so a little less than a cab if there are only two of you - the airport Hampton is one of the hotels served by it.

Thanks so much, martincath. I've bookmarked the shuttle service and will probably book with them as we get closer to cruise time. I appreciate your help :)

Edited by Plant

The Hampton Inn Airport shuttle only goes to the airport. HOWEVER, there's a Skytrain (elevated/subway light rapid transit), three blocks away; Bridgeport station; which will whisk you downtown in about 20 minutes (likely faster than a taxi) and drop you three blocks from Canada Place. At $4/ea, and set up for passengers w/ luggage (as it comes from the airport), it's a great deal. It's also very likely the airport-hotel shuttle will drop you there if you ask nicely