Kids and the life jacket whistles

MichelleP

I guess it depends on their age. If they are old enough to understand no it shouldn't be too much of a problem, especially if they are old enough to understand germs (those whistles aren't washed between cruises). If they aren't old enough to understand or you think they won't listen I would try to sanitize the whistles before they get the chance to catch something from it. A little listerine or a clorox wipe goes along way.

Three year old couldn't blow it very loud--at least not a loud as Papa could!! Husband bent down during drill (another no-no?) and they had a little whistle blowing concert down there. Didn't bother anyone--wasn't the social-rule hill we wanted to die on, so just had fun. Life jacket on for what, 20 minutes the whole trip? No prob. Who cares what complete strangers think anyway?! Note: we don't run in the halls, yell across the diningrooms, or do any of those other annoying activities some adults do on cruisesrolleyes.gif

Three year old couldn't blow it very loud--at least not a loud as Papa could!! Husband bent down during drill (another no-no?) and they had a little whistle blowing concert down there. Didn't bother anyone--wasn't the social-rule hill we wanted to die on, so just had fun. Life jacket on for what, 20 minutes the whole trip? No prob. Who cares what complete strangers think anyway?! Note: we don't run in the halls, yell across the diningrooms, or do any of those other annoying activities some adults do on cruisesrolleyes.gif

The OP was concerned about germs, not noise. I still can't figure out how to keep my husband away from the whistles...LOL.....it's my kids who are embarrassed at the life boat drill.:D

oh mi.. Blowing the whistles is NOT a social thing---its yuck.-- i am sure that the whistles can be tucked away inside. they dont look like whistles so if its not called attention to I am sure they probably wont use it.

Archived