Live from the Divina May 7, 2016

maureencruiser

THANK YOU MAUREEN!!! We just finished up a cruise on NCL Escape. We agreed we wouldn't cruise again for 18 months but your review has me pulling up a calendar. Great job on the review. I started one of our cruise but halfway through I lost interest and had to push myself to finish it.

Thank you, Maureen! Based on your wonderful review and photos, along with those of LMaxwell and Gambee, we just booked the Divina for Jan., 2017.

This will be our first time on MSC since we usually cruise with RCL. We got a cabin right next to yours.

We just have to see this fantastic ship for ourselves! Again, many thanks!!

It's a fragrance that was developed for MSC by perfume manufacturer Firmenich(http://www.firmenich.com/en_INT/perfumery.html) and Brand Sense. It is infused at low levels into the air-conditioning and detergents on the ship. MED by MSC bath and toiletry products are provided for Yacht Club passengers but MSC expanded the line to include diffusers,,body spray,,candles,,etc. which were supposed to be sold on all MSC ships.:confused:

<a href=IMG_0218_zpsyg5jmvsi.jpg' alt='IMG_0218_

Hey Mike,

Are these good quality? And if we need extra will they get them for you? Just wondering if we should use those instead of checking our bag on the plane for our regular shampoo and conditioner.

Hey Mike,

Are these good quality? And if we need extra will they get them for you? Just wondering if we should use those instead of checking our bag on the plane for our regular shampoo and conditioner.

Not a fan of the conditioner but I love everything else. I brought home a bunch of everything because I love the smell of it!!!:D If you like it,,,ask your room steward for extras,,,they have no problem giving you a bunch of everything!!:)

Not a fan of the conditioner but I love everything else. I brought home a bunch of everything because I love the smell of it!!!:D If you like it,,,ask your room steward for extras,,,they have no problem giving you a bunch of everything!!:)

Thank you. Maybe we can find some small conditioners to put in our carry on.

It's a fragrance that was developed for MSC by perfume manufacturer Firmenich(http://www.firmenich.com/en_INT/perfumery.html) and Brand Sense. It is infused at low levels into the air-conditioning and detergents on the ship. MED by MSC bath and toiletry products are provided for Yacht Club passengers but MSC expanded the line to include diffusers,,body spray,,candles,,etc. which were supposed to be sold on all MSC ships.:confused:

It's a very recognizable fragrance. Weird though because you don't think about it while onboard but it's instantly recognizable once off the ship. I keep one in the office to remind me of my 7 sailings on the Divina with more to come. :)

mscmedfragrance.jpeg

Bret

It's a very recognizable fragrance. Weird though because you don't think about it while onboard but it's instantly recognizable once off the ship. I keep one in the office to remind me of my 7 sailings on the Divina with more to come. :)

mscmedfragrance.jpeg

Bret

That's exactly what I was looking for Bret!!!!! Do they not sell them onboard MSC Divina???

Mike,

Mine was a gift from an MSC contact. Unfortunately, I won't be back on board her until December to dig a bit deeper for you. I know you have some good contacts in FLL too though. Better make some calls. ;)

They last a good bit too because you can see this is about half full and was opened around Christmas.

Bret

Mike,

Mine was a gift from an MSC contact. Unfortunately, I won't be back on board her until December to dig a bit deeper for you. I know you have some good contacts in FLL too though. Better make some calls. ;)

They last a good bit too because you can see this is about half full and was opened around Christmas.

Bret

I'm going to have to hit someone up,,,Maureen checked in the logo store earlier this month and they had nothing but the toiletries for sale. :(

I wonder if you could help with something? My Dad is keen to buy the 10 bottles of wine package, but the one with a choice from the wine list rather than just the house selection. We can't work out what wine that might include. Can you shed any light on it, or even a photo?

Thank you!! x

Jambat, I wanted you to know that I did ask about this, I even took a picture of that wine list, but, I've gone through my pictures again and again and I just can't find it. Every couple of days, I look again. I'm so sorry, and I would also like to add if there's anything I've learned from all this cruising it's this- Don't count on anything being on the ship just because the cruise line says it is. Things happen, things don't get ordered. So, don't get your heart set on a particular wine, it might not be there. Sorry, again, if it does turn up, I will post it. :o

Our friends were drinking Malbec every night in MDR but they ran out on the last night so totally take into account what Maureen has said.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

We are thinking about trying the Divina next Oct 22nd to E Caribbean.

There are several things that I have heard that may or may not be deal breaker. We are used to any time dining and obviously that is out on MSC.

I've also read here on CC that that there is no free drinks, not even water with your meal. If this is true, how much do they charge for a glass of ice water?

The cruise price seems reasonable but if they need to charge for a glass of water with dinner, I worry what else is optional on this ship?

Thanks

We are thinking about trying the Divina next Oct 22nd to E Caribbean.

There are several things that I have heard that may or may not be deal breaker. We are used to any time dining and obviously that is out on MSC.

I've also read here on CC that that there is no free drinks, not even water with your meal. If this is true, how much do they charge for a glass of ice water?

The cruise price seems reasonable but if they need to charge for a glass of water with dinner, I worry what else is optional on this ship?

Thanks

Incorrect Max,,,,water is always available at no extra cost while MSC Divina is sailing the Caribbean.

Incorrect Max,,,,water is always available at no extra cost while MSC Divina is sailing the Caribbean.

Thanks Mike, that's good news.

We are considering getting the Fantastica Experience, can we request a table for just 2 in the dining room?

Also we have our booking saved, just short of paying the deposits because we have a couple of unanswered questions and the MSC phones are down until Monday.

1- On Princess they always asked if we wanted Early, Late or Anytime dining,

MSC never asked if we wanted early or late.

2- they never asked if we wanted/ needed transfers. This may be even more important because we can fly for points on Southwest but they only fly into Ft Lauderdale.

I see the ship does'nt leave until 7PM on 10/22. Southwest is supposed to land in Ft Lauderdale at 2PM the same day. Is this enough time to get off the plane, get out bags and catch a bus/ shuttle or cab to the Miami cruise ship terminal?

Can any one give me some advice on this? Thx again

Thanks Mike, that's good news.

We are considering getting the Fantastica Experience, can we request a table for just 2 in the dining room?

Also we have our booking saved, just short of paying the deposits because we have a couple of unanswered questions and the MSC phones are down until Monday.

1- On Princess they always asked if we wanted Early, Late or Anytime dining,

MSC never asked if we wanted early or late.

2- they never asked if we wanted/ needed transfers. This may be even more important because we can fly for points on Southwest but they only fly into Ft Lauderdale.

I see the ship does'nt leave until 7PM on 10/22. Southwest is supposed to land in Ft Lauderdale at 2PM the same day. Is this enough time to get off the plane, get out bags and catch a bus/ shuttle or cab to the Miami cruise ship terminal?

Can any one give me some advice on this? Thx again

When you decide to book,,,you can request your dinner seating,,either early or late. Once you board I suggest going to your restaurant and request a table for two from the maitre de'. You will have plenty of time to get from Fort Lauderdale airport to the port of Miami. I have seen MSC Divina wait in port until 9:00pm waiting for international passengers to arrive. MSC doesn't want to leave anyone behind!!:D