Golden Princess Refurbishing

denmarks

Has anyone heard of any details on the Golden Princess refurbishing which is supposed to take place next month? I have heard rumors of a Pizzeria being added to the Atrium. Will the one on the Lido deck be removed?

I suspect the Golden will get the same treatment the Grand got. Look up the deck plans for the Grand and find Deck 5. You will see Alfredo's Pizzeria.

I checked out the menu on the Grand last month but it was too gourmet for my tastes. The Prego Pizzeria on Lido is more my speed.

We're on the Golden right now. At our meet and greet, the captain said they were just going to be doing the type of maintenance they can't do with passengers aboard. No major renovations.
You can tell whether there will be major renovations or the standard bi-annual maintenance by the length of the drydock and wetdock. If it's less than two weeks, that means that the ship hull will be stripped down and repainted, the propellers inspected and polished, the thrusters inspected and cleaned, the engines overhauled and new electronics installed throughout the ship, both for entertainment, in the engine room and on the Bridge. There's other general maintenance that's done, such as carpeting replaced, lounge chairs recovered, etc. If the drydock and wetdock is longer than 10 days or so, then more substantial changes are planned. No matter what, no other ship will get the changes the Grand did, such as removal of Skywalkers and addition of the One-5 lounge. Those were done due to design flaws that were corrected with construction of the Golden.

Archived