Making a payment, no debit card option?

JAMESCC

I was wondering why NCL doesn't offer debit card as an option to make a payment? I don't see it offered as an option online. Can we call up to make a payment this way? Do you think it should be changed online to where this was an option? Thanks for the help.

I think that you can put your debit card number in where it asks for the credit card and your debit card will be charged. I know some companies put everything in as a credit card, even though you pay with a debit card and it makes no difference how my debit card is charged.

I think that you can put your debit card number in where it asks for the credit card and your debit card will be charged. I know some companies put everything in as a credit card, even though you pay with a debit card and it makes no difference how my debit card is charged.

This is correct - I have never used my debit card to pay off any cruises, but I have used it several times when I have done smaller purchases online, and then I fill in the information like it was a credit card - even though it isn't.... And it works every time - only difference is that the money is taken from my account right away instead of being owed to the credit card company....

Edited by TrumpyNor

This is correct - I have never used my debit card to pay off any cruises, but I have used it several times when I have done smaller purchases online, and then I fill in the information like it was a credit card - even though it isn't.... And it works every time - only difference is that the money is taken from my account right away instead of being owed to the credit card company....

Yeah the reason is I make most of my money in the winter when it snows so when the checks come rolling in I can pay 500 bucks, 500 bucks there and get it payed instead of using a CC. Thanks again for all the help.

Edited by JAMESCC

Also the LAST thing a website that takes debit cards wants to do is to have your PIN# in its database. It has to ask for your CCV number on the back next to your signature; this verifies that you're actually holding the card in your hand as you buy the website's product it's selling.

As previous posters have stated, as long as your debit card has the Visa or Master Card logo you're good-to-go.

Have a great cruise.

Tom

Also the LAST thing a website that takes debit cards wants to do is to have your PIN# in its database. It has to ask for your CCV number on the back next to your signature; this verifies that you're actually holding the card in your hand as you buy the website's product it's selling.

As previous posters have stated, as long as your debit card has the Visa or Master Card logo you're good-to-go.

Have a great cruise.

Tom

Thank you for the info. I agree I don't think they'll ask for my PIN#. If that is the case I would rather call with the info or I'm just beat an pay CC.

I agree I don't think they'll ask for my PIN#. If that is the case I would rather call with the info or I'm just beat an pay CC.

No they won't. Absolutely nobody nowhere will legitimately ask you for your PIN, that is not how it works. It is not needed for "card not present" purchases and you should never ever tell it to anybody - even over the phone.

It's funny/interesting actually how you Americans think of PIN as a debit card thing, here in Europe we have used PIN with all cards (all credit and combined credit/debit cards included) for over a decade already.

ETA: Sorry, forgot that Amex was a bit late in the game, I think that my card only got the chip like 8 or so years ago. PIN stayed the same as it was for ATM/gas station usage with the magnetic stripe.

Edited by Demonyte

No they won't. Absolutely nobody nowhere will legitimately ask you for your PIN, that is not how it works. It is not needed for "card not present" purchases and you should never ever tell it to anybody - even over the phone.

It's funny/interesting actually how you Americans think of PIN as a debit card thing, here in Europe we have used PIN with all cards (all credit and combined credit/debit cards included) for over a decade already.

ETA: Sorry, forgot that Amex was a bit late in the game, I think that my card only got the chip like 8 or so years ago. PIN stayed the same as it was for ATM/gas station usage with the magnetic stripe.

Yeah I know the rule is never ever give anyone your PIN number. That is a universal rule that can't be broken. Thanks for the info.