Dawn with Toddlers

dea71

:rolleyes: We are travelling with two little ones age 1 and 3 on Pacific Dawn in March....Any feedback on 4 berth cabins (hints - what to take or NOT!) would be appreciated. Any comments on the Turtle Cove facilities? Recommended tours for Vila/Isle of Pines? Anything really...we have cruised many times without the kids but this is a whole new boardgame!!:eek:

Dea

:rolleyes: We are travelling with two little ones age 1 and 3 on Pacific Dawn in March....Any feedback on 4 berth cabins (hints - what to take or NOT!) would be appreciated. Any comments on the Turtle Cove facilities? Recommended tours for Vila/Isle of Pines? Anything really...we have cruised many times without the kids but this is a whole new boardgame!!:eek:

Dea

Hi Dea and welcome to CC. We love cruising with our kids but they're older than yours. My youngest was in Shark Shack but I can assure you that the facilities in Turtle Cove are fantastic. I just asked my youngest coz he did go in there & have a look. They had 8 PS3's, a basketball hoop & a jungle gym. Plus the usual tv's, general activities.

I'm assuming you do realise that your 1 yo will be with you all the time. No babysitting facilities for under 3's but I'm sure you'll have a ball.

Karen

Thanks Karen!

Yes we know we will have my little 'cyclone' with us all the time - actually tied to me with a piece of string I think!! Still we are very much looking forward to our first family cruise ..... but oh to be back in the days of sipping cocktails and watching the sun set in peace!:p

one thing i found handy for everyone to bring is a clothesline thing. You can get them for $3 from crazy clarks and they have about 8 spokes on them with pegs on the end. You can hang wet swimmers or clothes on them and hang it in your bathroom.

one thing i found handy for everyone to bring is a clothesline thing. You can get them for $3 from crazy clarks and they have about 8 spokes on them with pegs on the end. You can hang wet swimmers or clothes on them and hang it in your bathroom.

Yes they are handy. I also bought one (believe it or not from Avon) that actually has 8 coathangers on it. That was great for hanging the tshirts on that can't go in the dryer.

Karen

Dea I misread the heading, I thought you said Down with Toddlers :eek:

I expected this to be a protest against toddlers and I thought that was unfair ....................................... don't forget to include the 5 to 14 yr olds as well :D

Do P&O supply cots for the little ones ?

Hope you have a great cruise. :)

Ian

Dea I misread the heading, I thought you said Down with Toddlers :eek:

I expected this to be a protest against toddlers and I thought that was unfair ....................................... don't forget to include the 5 to 14 yr olds as well :D

Do P&O supply cots for the little ones ?

Hope you have a great cruise. :)

Ian

LOL....Exactly the same thing I saw when I read it...just came on to see which Grinch was whining about kids on ships now.

Definately not 'Down with Toddlers' - we are thinking that this trip with two little ones is going to be quite the adventure!! We have always been the ones sitting at the outside bars enjoying the world as it floats on by - thinking it will be a different story this time!! If nothing else Master 1 year old will provide some great entertainment if things get a little dull!!

Dea :)

Archived