2014 Cruise Brides!!

Bo59rt

Hi all,

I'm getting married aboard the Caribbean Princess in August 2014. We have 75 paid guests traveling with us. I have a few questions for this board.

1) Would you recommend the ceremony be held in the Wheelhouse or on deck?

2) We are having a reception with premium open bar, do you recommend the serving stations as well?

3) Can anyone share or direct me to their pictures of their wedding? I'd love to see images of how everything will be set up.

4) Do you have any general recommendations?

Thanks!

Edited by TJ-Chicago

Just read all the comments... Nice I am not alone.. I planned to also make my bouquets and possibly use the one from Carnival to throw for all the single ladies... Thanks for all the info ladies. I'm putting together a list of things to ask my coordinator as well from all the info gathered in here. Although my wedding isn't until November 20th.... These months are flying by.

Hi there! I was perusing the boards and saw your post pop up. So excited to see another Imagination bride! My husband and I were married on the Imagination last April when it was ported in Miami.

Let me know if you have any questions about the ship!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I am having trouble getting anybody from Carnival to return my email, so can you give me a recommendation as far as venue....we are having just under 30 guests and I've been leaning toward the Curiosity Library...is that a good choice? Or is there something nicer? Also, what about the reception? We are doing the Celebrate Big, so we won't need the dining room clearly...do you have any opinions? Thank you!

Love your card box. I hadn't even thought of that yet. I can't decide what I want to do about a guest book. I want something that we will use/enjoy and not a book to put away and never look at again.

I have seen some "guest books" that are actually prints that you frame afterwards. One is a tree and guests place their fingerprints where leaves would go. We are going to do something like this and I will have one of my BMS just take it off the ship for me to pick up later. Check it out on Etsy, you could do a search for "fingerprint guest book" or something to that effect.

We too are bringing our own silk flowers. I LOVE the idea of using the provided bouquet for fresh flowers in the cabin all week:)

I've decided to do something really different for instead of a guest book, I'm painting the letters of our last name and the date each on a different page and have the wedding guests hold the letters. We will have our guests in groups or singles hold 1 letter each of S-N-E-L-L-I-N-G and A-u-g-u-s-t-3-2-0-1-4 and take pictures. I plan to have them developed as 8 x 10's and frame them to make a gallery wall. So rather than having a signature of everybody who attends our wedding we will have photos of them.

Instead of a guest book we have the engraved pictured frame. I like this because the pen they give you engraves the signature on the frame and it looks very elegant. I wanted something that would serve a purpose and that I could display.

I've decided to do something really different for instead of a guest book, I'm painting the letters of our last name and the date each on a different page and have the wedding guests hold the letters. We will have our guests in groups or singles hold 1 letter each of S-N-E-L-L-I-N-G and A-u-g-u-s-t-3-2-0-1-4 and take pictures. I plan to have them developed as 8 x 10's and frame them to make a gallery wall. So rather than having a signature of everybody who attends our wedding we will have photos of them.

This is an ADORABLE idea:) I love it!

• 2 weeks later...

How long did you wait for your rsvp to come back after you sent out your invite? Did your bridal party come dressed or did they get dressed with you in bride and groom dressing cabins? When were your group and married couple pictures taken?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

12 days and counting...

Just want to share my guest map signature. On the map it is marked where we came from, where we met and where we live. You can do as many dots you wish on it! I bought at Etsy!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

ImageUploadedByForums1404129919.770080.jpg.a2a1dac275d8214a2e9adbfed5f9e05f.jpg

• 1 month later...
What time do the wedding actually start ? @1:00 or @1:30 pm ? Did you write on your invite the wedding started at that time or did you write @ 10:00am since the guests have to board with you.

I wrote on my invites 10am since everyone will be boarding then. Just to be safe and assure my guest will not come late since ceremony is a 1pm-1:30ish

Party favor, luggage tag!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I love those! I had considered doing luggage takes to send to everyone with my pre-sailing mailing (about 3 weeks before trip I sent package with all boarding info, maps of port city, ship map, etc), so they'd have them for the trip. But, I ran out of time and energy for it.

What time do the wedding actually start ? @1:00 or @1:30 pm ? Did you write on your invite the wedding started at that time or did you write @ 10:00am since the guests have to board with you.

I wrote "Boarding at 10:00 am" on the invites. I didn't write on there anywhere what time the actual wedding was, since that wasn't really critical to when they need to arrive. A few weeks prior to the wedding, I did mail out info to everyone and included a day-of timeline, which stated meet at port & check-in was at 10am, boarding at 11am, lunch at 11:30am, wedding at 1pm, reception at 1:30pm, and disembark for non-sailing at 3pm... that way they knew what to expect throughout the day. Everyone arrived at port between 9:45 and 10:30am.

How long did you wait for your rsvp to come back after you sent out your invite? Did your bridal party come dressed or did they get dressed with you in bride and groom dressing cabins? When were your group and married couple pictures taken?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I left about a month between sending out invites and RSVP due date. My family is horrible at RSVP's though, so I only received about 1/2 of them back and had to contact everyone else. Knowing that, I had my RSVP date about 3 weeks before I had to submit guest list to cruise ship.

All of our guests were ready before boarding. But, most of our wedding party did get dressed onboard with us. When deciding this, you may want to consider how big of a wedding party you have and what size cabin you have. If you have interior room, it can get really crowded. Figure that you will have yourself, bridesmaids, flower girl, mother, photographer... and whoever else you want to help you get ready... that's a lot of people in a tiny room. I had a suite and it was still hectic.

They took our group/family photos immediately after the ceremony, before we went to the reception. We didn't feel the need to do too many, and we only had 25 guests, so this only took about 5-10 minutes for us. They also took a few more group photos at the reception. For our couple/posed photos, we didn't have time to do it right after reception, so we met up with photographer after the muster drill to do those.