Experience with SIXT Car Rental (FLL/MIA)???

iloveGESUS

Hi everyone! I'm looking to rent a full-size van for our upcoming cruise in January and SIXT is the cheapest rental car company I could find. I have never heard of this company until today. I did my research and it seems like it is a legit company. Has anyone recently used SIXT? Do you know if they charge a drop-off fee (we want to pick up the van in FLL and drop it off in MIA)? Do they offer free shuttle from MIA to POM?

Thanks in advance,

Julie

We used Stix last January-had the best price. We booked online -pick up at FLL and drop off at MIA-unfortunately, somehow when confirmation sent it was pick up/drip off in FLL. Don't know if it was me or them-but in order to change reservation on site there was a pretty large price increase-so I was going to use a SAS to get to MIA after dropping off car in FLL. Once we arrived and pick up the car-the agent said that we could drop the car off in MIA at no extra charge. My husband said the agent was one of the nicest agents he has ever dealt with. I would not hesitate to use their agency again.

Hi everyone! I'm looking to rent a full-size van for our upcoming cruise in January and SIXT is the cheapest rental car company I could find. I have never heard of this company until today. I did my research and it seems like it is a legit company. Has anyone recently used SIXT? Do you know if they charge a drop-off fee (we want to pick up the van in FLL and drop it off in MIA)? Do they offer free shuttle from MIA to POM?

Thanks in advance,

Julie

Hi Julie - They are a British company and they have been around for eons. They are slowly starting to build business in the US, so they are only in FL right now because a lot of the European tourists travel there and are familiar and comfortable with SIXT.

I have not rented in FL with them but several times in Germany and it is never a problem. They are very accommodating. Good Luck and Pleasant Travels!

We used Stix last January-had the best price. We booked online -pick up at FLL and drop off at MIA-unfortunately, somehow when confirmation sent it was pick up/drip off in FLL. Don't know if it was me or them-but in order to change reservation on site there was a pretty large price increase-so I was going to use a SAS to get to MIA after dropping off car in FLL. Once we arrived and pick up the car-the agent said that we could drop the car off in MIA at no extra charge. My husband said the agent was one of the nicest agents he has ever dealt with. I would not hesitate to use their agency again.

Glad things worked out for you. :) I went ahead and booked with them. Hopefully, we won't be charged a drop-off fee. :cool:

Our neighbor uses Sixt in Fl pretty often as he flies in and out during the year to visit his father. He swears by the company. And it gets good reviews on those web sites.

Good to know Sixt is a good company. I was a little worried after reading some of the reviews on Yelp. :)

Is Sixt located in-terminal in FLL or do you have to take a shuttle to pick car up?

I'm glad you asked. I just did a quick search and it is not in-terminal. Apparently, they have a shuttle that picks you up from the airport and drops you off at their location (about a five minutes drive from the airport). I didn't know that. I just assumed it was in-terminal.

Hi Julie - They are a British company and they have been around for eons. They are slowly starting to build business in the US, so they are only in FL right now because a lot of the European tourists travel there and are familiar and comfortable with SIXT.

I have not rented in FL with them but several times in Germany and it is never a problem. They are very accommodating. Good Luck and Pleasant Travels!

Thank you for the info. I'm glad to hear they're a good company. I'm always iffy about using new companies but this really put me at ease. :)

• 1 month later...

I just made a reservation with Sixt in Fort Lauderdale. Their Airport and Port Everglades locations are actually the same agency. The location is a 3 minute ride from FLL. The agency is nestled between SE 6th Avenue and Federal Highway. My understanding is that people renting enter on one side and drop off is on the other. They have a shuttle from Bus Stop 7 outside of the rental car facility at the airport AND a shuttle from the agency to the cruise terminal -- all free, of course. In our case we are renting a car for 2 days prior to our sailing. This seems like the least hassle free option for the price -- which is unbelievable compared to some of the more well-known rental companies.

• 1 month later...
I plan on renting a car from FLL and need to drop it off in Miami. Is the only return location located at the MIA airport? Do they have a free shuttle to POM?

Thanks

I'm doing the opposite itinerary but need to know if they have a shuttle to pick me up at POM after disembarkation and take me to their Miami Beach location. Anyone?

I just booked them a week ago for a guarantee German car (Mercedes C Class or BMW 3 Series) for pick-up in downtown Miami (3 minute drive / $10 cab ride from port) and drop-off at FLL. It was $49 per day so that came in at just $173 total total after all fees and taxes - less than a midsize class from the normal American companies like Budget. I shopped for weeks including Costco Travel which is usually lowest for car rentals unless you bottom feed and get lucky on Priceline day of. The price was the same dropping off where I pick-up or dropping off up in Ft. Lauderdale at FLL.......hope it all works out!

The downtown Miami location is closer to the port, so I switched my reservation via phone by talking to their CS agent. I swear I read they will pick you up if not busy so I am planning on calling before I disembark the ship. If not, I'll take a cab. Really good prices for nice cars. I'll be driving around Ft. Lauderdale in style!