Help me plan my post cruise day in southern Florida

Travalerie

Hello

We are a family of four, with two kids 6 and 9. We arrive back in Miami from our Celebrity cruise the Saturday before Thanksgiving. Our flight is in Palm Beach at 4. We will have a rental car and I am trying to figure out how to fill our day. We have been to Miami and Fort Lauderdale before for cruises in the past. We don't have any interest in some of the tours I have seen like celebrity homes or swamp tours. I am thinking finding a nice mall with a movie theater near I-95. We could shop, have lunch, and maybe catch a movie. Any suggestions of a mall in a nice, safe area? Does anyone have any other kid friendly ideas?

Thanks in advance!!

Last year we took our kids to the Miami Science Centre. It isn't huge but they had a great time. They were 6 and 8 years old.

Another idea we had for this year is going to the train museum. Apparently you can ride in the trains engine which sounded very cool.

Good luck filling your day.

Hello

We are a family of four, with two kids 6 and 9. We arrive back in Miami from our Celebrity cruise the Saturday before Thanksgiving. Our flight is in Palm Beach at 4. We will have a rental car and I am trying to figure out how to fill our day. We have been to Miami and Fort Lauderdale before for cruises in the past. We don't have any interest in some of the tours I have seen like celebrity homes or swamp tours. I am thinking finding a nice mall with a movie theater near I-95. We could shop, have lunch, and maybe catch a movie. Any suggestions of a mall in a nice, safe area? Does anyone have any other kid friendly ideas?

Thanks in advance!!

Sawgrass Mills is massive with tons of shopping, dining, theaters. It is right off the interstate.

Sawgrass Mills is massive with tons of shopping, dining, theaters. It is right off the interstate

I'd recommend SawGrass too, A HUGE 'outlet mall' with a bunch of movie screen, a 'Barbie experience' and a RainForest Cafe ...

but 'right off the Interstate' might be misleading ...

it is about 12 miles off I-95 .... two miles north of the I-595 / I-75 interchange

http://www.simon.com/mall/sawgrass-mills/map

Thanks for the replies! I forgot to subscribe to my own thread and thought nobody responded! LOL

I found a mall and movie theatre nearby in Boca Raton. I have never been there so I thought that would be fun. They also have a free park that we will go to called Sugar Sand Park. We are going to check that out.

Warmwinds, after a long cruise, I will want to have an easy going day. Being outside in the elements a whole day after a cruise with a long flight ahead of us is not my idea of fun. We actually don't do movies but once or twice a year, so this is a treat for them!! You are right, we are all different!!!

I'm looking for some tips too. We arrive back into FLL in the morning but our flight does not leave until 8:40pm. We had not planned on renting a car because it would only be for a partial day but now I'm thinking maybe we should.

If we were to go to a mall what would we do with our luggage? Any tips?

You could rent a car in Miami and drop off in Palm Beach Airport.

Head North and West to Lion Country Safari (check internet for coupons)

the kids and parents would love the drive- in African Veldt

and a separate area with a Zoo and rides.

Then you are only 10-15 miles from the Palm Beach Airport.

Your luggage stays with you, too.

MaryA