How many times have you cruised the same ship?

Hi Just returned from a really great first cruise on Independance of the Seas.Am booked to cruise her again May 09.looking to book another cruise September - October 09.My wife who uses a wheelchair had such a good experience that although we would like to try other lines or vessels, now we 'know the ropes'on Independance we feel comfortable going for a third time.

Would value your opinions.

Regards Doc07

I have repeated some ships a few times..........for instance,going on the Mariner for the 5th time in December......and headed to the Sovereign for number 15(July 4th) and 16 (Sept 12th).......so yea,nothing wrong with repeating..:)

I have not been on Independence yet, but I have been on Freedom and would definitely do it again. All depends on the Itinerary. There are some ships I would not sail on again, but Freedom class I would.

We've been on Splendour and Rhapsody both 4 times and three other RCI ships 2 times each. We'd still be sailing Rhapsody if it was still based in Galveston. There are lots of reasons why we've sailed the same ship more than once but certainly accessibility is a great reason to do a repeat. Our reasons are itinerary, home port, and the product provided by the ship.

I lost count how many times I've sailed on the Monarch, Vision and the long forgotten Viking Serenade. I think when you live near a port you have the luxury of sailing on the same ship multiple times.

We have cruised on Navigator four times. Since then, we have stuck to the Radiance Class ships because we LOVE them. If you loved Independence, you will most likely love Freedom and Liberty since they are all in the same class.

My favorite way to spend a long weekend is on a cruise ship, so I've been on Monarch 15 times or so. We've been on Jewel twice (3x if you count a B2B as 2), Radiance twice and Vision 6 times.

But we're in a bit of a rut, so starting in December we're going to branch out more - we're trying Azamara for a full PC transit over the holidays and in Europe because the Quest has overnight stops in 3 ports, which we love the idea of (otherwise we'd do Italy on land again). We're also going to return to Princess for a cruise or two, and try Celebrity down under in 2010. Other than the Sapphire Princess (Mexican Riviera), we made those choices for the itineraries, not the ships, which is why Azamara (full transit) won over my beloved Jewel (partial) for the holidays.:)

After awhile if you're loyal to royal, you have to repeat a ship or two. We've yet to sail one we wouldn't repeat. Next time, try Freedom or Independence. The layout will be the same, but the decor will be new and interesting.

My favorite way to spend a long weekend is on a cruise ship, so I've been on Monarch 15 times or so. We've been on Jewel twice (3x if you count a B2B as 2), Radiance twice and Vision 6 times.

But we're in a bit of a rut, so starting in December we're going to branch out more - we're trying Azamara for a full PC transit over the holidays and in Europe because the Quest has overnight stops in 3 ports, which we love the idea of (otherwise we'd do Italy on land again). We're also going to return to Princess for a cruise or two, and try Celebrity down under in 2010. Other than the Sapphire Princess (Mexican Riviera), we made those choices for the itineraries, not the ships, which is why Azamara (full transit) won over my beloved Jewel (partial) for the holidays.:)

WOW!!:D

Husband and I have cruised on Mariner three times. We decided to go on Liberty this year just for a change. HOWEVER, I must have lost my mind. Port Canaveral is just so easy to get in and out of and hotels are SO much less than Miami (not to mention free parking). I just hate that Mariner is moving. We were just talking today about the fact that we don't really care where it goes, we mainly go for the ship. We would probably sail her year after year.

My first ship I sailed on Cunard I sailed at least 5-6 times or more.

Commodore the same ship twice, Hawaiian Cruise lines the same ship twice. Some others I forget. :o

RCCL

Viking Serenade twice

Enchantment twice

Empress twice

Navigator twice

We will sail the Mariner twice in September

And the Adventure for the second and third time in September of 2009.

We've sailed on the Rhapsody twice and thoroughly enjoyed it each time. We are thinking about sailing on her in Alaska. Sure which she'd return to Texas. We loved everything about her...the crew, her size, entertainment, and especially her Texas hospitality.;)

Doc07-

We have done the Radiance twice and the Navigator three times. I am a T5 para and use a wheelchair full time. I travel with my husband and now 12 year old daughter. We have done all the ships below. The Monarch is not very wheelchair friendly but still do able. The Radiance class ships are the most accessible and wheelchair friendly. Feel secure that RCI is great for wheelers.

Jean

We have been on the Vision twice and loved the 2nd experience as we already knew the ship and settled in again very easy.

I also sailed the Vision twice, to mexico both times, same deck #2 different cabin, but right next to each other!

Archived