Navy doing tests next month with bombs in GoA

theriac

So I'm curious if any of you have heard and/or concerned. I found this article today reading The Nation about how next month the Navy will be doing test with bombs. It's supposed to kill upwards of 180,000 different animals which I'm assuming will probably be mostly salmon as that's the kick off of the season. The tribes in Kodiak, and surrounding islands are protesting as well as companies that run fisheries.

I leave on my first cruise to Alaska in a month and hope these tests won't affect the viewing of wildlife. More importantly I hope it doesn't affect the wildlife itself, and all the industry Alaska has because of their resources.

Here is the article.

http://m.thenation.com/article/207881-here-are-navys-plans-bomb-arctic

The beginning is a little preachy on the journalists past, but when you can get past that it is interesting and very concerning.

I guess you didn't read the articles? I'm not sure how posting something from not only credible sources but multiple national sources is ill founded, ignorant rumors, but maybe you can explain. I'd love to know your inside scoop into the navy's training exercises in the Gulf of Alaska. Please explain your take and share a credible source otherwise you've added no value to the pending conversation. This is pertinent to everyone leaving for Alaska in the coming months as its expected to affect wildlife which many prople go to observe.

You really think that the Navy would have any kind of authority to do something like this? You're out of your mind... Let me see this from the Washington Post, New York Times, LA Times, not from a rag... then, just maybe I'll believe it. Why don't you think anyone else has responded to this garbage?

The Nation the United States oldest magazine, and the Huffington Post a source that every major network uses is not credible? :confused:

It's ok you don't have a source discrediting this story but please stop spreading your rumors this isn't happening.

http://greenpeaceblogs.org/2015/05/22/alaska-fishermen-organize-flotilla-protest-navys-training-plans/

I'm sure Green Peace is lying too. They would get all of these fishermen together to waste their precious time based on "ill founded, ignorant rumors."

That makes a lot of sense. Thanks for contributing your riveting take on the matter. I can tell you're a real thinker. Let me say thank you from the world for your deep and open mind.

Haha, a real pedant you are. Autocorrect won that round with my hear/here misspelling. Also what happened to not wasting your time with this thread anymore? I figured you'd be someone who stuck to your word.

To your point, I figured most people who have viewed this thread have just chosen not to read the articles posted. Why? Maybe laziness, apathy, or a litany of other thoughts/actions. I wasn't trying to stir the pot in anyway, you started that. I wanted to get others opinions on the matter and maybe inform of what is being planned out by our Navy in the GoA starting in June. If no one is interested that's fine, and this thread will become buried. I did all I could trying to inform.

I really wish you could provide some kind of information discrediting what I posted. All you have done is demanded I "stop believing everything I read," you've lied stating both sources aren't nationally accredited, and worst of all you have no integrity by breaking a promise to "not wasting anymore time on this."

You are the one with no credibility!

Yes a playwright imprisoned for debt. I haven't read and/Or seen his work. I saw the movie that was made on his life about 5 years ago. Regardless though you have no idea if I used Google or not so your claim to listen to me now is pointless unless you follow through with it, which I doubt because you haven't previously set a track record of that.

So I'm curious if any of you have heard and/or concerned. I found this article today reading The Nation about how next month the Navy will be doing test with bombs. It's supposed to kill upwards of 180,000 different animals which I'm assuming will probably be mostly salmon as that's the kick off of the season. The tribes in Kodiak, and surrounding islands are protesting as well as companies that run fisheries.

I leave on my first cruise to Alaska in a month and hope these tests won't affect the viewing of wildlife. More importantly I hope it doesn't affect the wildlife itself, and all the industry Alaska has because of their resources.

Here is the article.

http://m.thenation.com/article/207881-here-are-navys-plans-bomb-arctic

The beginning is a little preachy on the journalists past, but when you can get past that it is interesting and very concerning.

You need to go back and reread both articles because neither says what you claim they say.

You need to go back and reread both articles because neither says what you claim they say.

Yes they do. I misspoke about 180,000 deaths and changed it to strikes so I corrected myself there. Everything else I said is exactly what I said. If you could please provide context where what I said was wrong I'd appreciate it. Otherwise your just another person using one sentence to try and discredit what I'm posting with no information to back It up.

Yes they do. I misspoke about 180,000 deaths and changed it to strikes so I corrected myself there. Everything else I said is exactly what I said. If you could please provide context where what I said was wrong I'd appreciate it. Otherwise your just another person using one sentence to try and discredit what I'm posting with no information to back It up.

You misspoke about the entire thing. You never mention that it is a five year activity. I could go on and on but I won't.

Clearly you are an animal rights activist.

Personally, with what is going on in the world, I prefer that the US Navy do whatever is necessary to keep their fighting edge.

I just reread again and I didn't misrepresent anything. I didn't mention it was over 5 years but I also didn't say it was all happening in one day. Everything I stated was/is true. I posted links to the articles so they could be read and a discussion could be had.

Will you please go on and on how I "misspoke about the entire thing"

I would love to be corrected so I can admit when I'm wrong. Take your time.

Also the cow I had for dinner would beg to differ that I'm an activist for animal rights.