Mexican Baja/Riveria cruise - weather/time of yr. question.

mlbcruiser

We are thinking of taking a cruise to the Pacific side of Mexico (as far down as Acapulco) sometime between Feb. and early April. Can any of you who have done this tell me how the weather and sea was at that time of year? (We do like to be able to do water sports, so cool or lots of cloudiness would not be good.) Thanks for any input on this!

Thanks! This is the first time in several years we won't have our teen on a spring break cruise but we are so used to cruising then that I fear we will be is withdrawal and those months seem to be the best time for us. We've gone w/out her, but not at that time of yr. Seems like a good way to check out some Mexican Resorts to see if we'd like them. Love Cancun and I know the Mex. Riviera ones are very different. Thanks for your help! :)

We cruised last February on Vision of the Seas. I think that late January/early February is the coldest time of the year in Mexico.

Anyway, the air temperature was about 70 in Cabo, 75 in Mazatlan and 80 in Puerto Vallarta. We didn't get any rain, but the night we left Puerto Vallarta we were hit upon by a rather large wind storm in the middle of an outdoor buffet.

Snorkeling in Cabo is great but the water termperature is very chilly this time of the year.

Have fun! We are doing this cruise again in December.

I am booked on the Pride to PV, Mazatalan and Cabo in February. I live in Los Angeles and the weather here then can be pretty cold (relative to where youre from) but I was told the weather in Mexico then can get into the mid-80s, so it should be pretty nice!

We are travelling Vision O.S. Dec. 26. We have done the E and W Caribbean trips, never this one. This ship sails to Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan, and Cabo San Lucas. For those who have been to those places, are there any activities we must do, or places we must see?

Thanks in advance!

So is everyone wearing jackets at the pool areas during March on the sea days travelling to the Mexican Riviera? I was really looking forward to sunning at the pool, but I didnt realize it would be so cold??

cq

We are travelling Vision O.S. Dec. 26. We have done the E and W Caribbean trips, never this one. This ship sails to Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan, and Cabo San Lucas. For those who have been to those places, are there any activities we must do, or places we must see?

Thanks in advance!

Check out the Mexican Riviera board. There is a lot of information about what to do in most of the ports.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=203

I did the Mexican Riviera cruise in February. The weather was much cooler than I expected, I didn't do as much sun bathing as I would have hoped. Cabo was quite cloudy and damp. It was still a fun cruise, but if you are looking for warmer weather I would go in March or later.

Archived