Woman gives birth on 'Paradise'

jleq

Since Carnival's policy does not allow woman to cruise who are more than 24 weeks pregnant, either she lied about how far along she was or the baby is very premature and I hope s/he is doing well.

Just saw the previous post and didn't consider that it might be a crew member. I would think, though, that Carnival's policy on pregnant crew members would be the same.

Since Carnival's policy does not allow woman to cruise who are more than 24 weeks pregnant, either she lied about how far along she was or the baby is very premature and I hope s/he is doing well.

Yep, Iv seen lots of women on here who say they hardly show, enough they can still hide it, so they just dont declare it that they are pregnant. It could be someone who was further along and not showing enough to make them ask her if she was pregnant.

Or early?? I wouldnt think it would be crew, as they wouldnt be working that far along I wouldnt think?

wow to have that happen on your ship.... its still shocking.

Lotsa unanswered questions there ... I hope she and the kid are okay though. And I hope the kid isn't too early and is pretty much cooked all the way through.

lol..I always us that phrase too.

"gotta let those babies cook, dont want em squishy in the middle"

;)

lol..I always us that phrase too.

"gotta let those babies cook, dont want em squishy in the middle"

;)

LOL. Me too. My neice was born three months premature, so we tossed that phrase around quite a bit. "She's gotta finish cooking." She's five now and smarter than her parents.

Sometimes due dates are off, it can be hard to pinpoint sometimes if a woman is unsure of her dates, or if they didn't do an ultrasound. sometimes people fib, I actually personally knew a gal who was unaware she was pregnant until the day she delivers. Ship happens! They are just fortunate the Doctor was in!

Sometimes due dates are off, it can be hard to pinpoint sometimes if a woman is unsure of her dates, or if they didn't do an ultrasound.

That is much more than 24 weeks. I don't know of any doctor that would misjudge 30 something weeks for 24.

But then again, she may not have "known".

Congrats to mom and baby!

It always scares the bejesus out of me when I see pregnant women that are obviously far enough along to have a viable pregnancy. Part of the reason they have the rules is because a ship is NOT equipped to handle high risk births....for mother or for baby.

The window for medical law suits is 2 years.........for babies it is 18. Cruiselines do a very good job of covering themselves on that.

I hope she doesn't name that girl Paradise. You don't want teenage boys saying, "I want a little piece of Paradise." This is why my parents tossed out the name Candace for me (Candy) before I was born.

Archived