NCL Pretzel Rolls

linolive

Would someone please tell me where to find the pretzel rolls on the Jewel. I've read so many positive comments about these rolls on cc that I'm dying to try them. This will be my 9th NCL cruise, and I've never seen these rolls. What do they look like, so I will recognize them?

Thanks!

Would someone please tell me where to find the pretzel rolls on the Jewel. I've read so many positive comments about these rolls on cc that I'm dying to try them. This will be my 9th NCL cruise, and I've never seen these rolls. What do they look like, so I will recognize them?

Thanks!

The easiest place to find them is in the bread section of the buffet. The are the color of pretzels, and have some salt on the outside of them. They have round ball shaped (smaller than a snowball) ones and even long rolls (like a fluffy pretzel rod).

Warning...........they are addictive. :D

On the Epic last week DH went to get some food from the buffet as a late lunch, afternoon snack, he came back with a bowl of them (about 6) and ate them all. That's okay I guess, he made it to the gym to work out 6 days out of 7 for 1 1/2 hrs a day! I had read about the pretzel rolls and was having a hard time finding them also, but watch out because once you do find them, you can't stop eating them.:eek: TOO good! :D

My DH and I must be the only people around who don't think pretzel rolls are very good. They were just white rolls in the middle with dark outsides, right? They didn't taste any different than any other hard roll. I much preferred the farmer's bread (bauernbrot) (sp?) And I was too full after trying everything else, lol. We must all pick our battles with what is worth those extra calories! Like Coconut ice-cream - Yum!

Our local Whole Foods have pretzle rolls that are exactly like the ones we enjoy on NCL! Only at $1.99 a piece we don't buy them too often. One day during the summer I was feeling a little down so my lovely wife bought some pretzle rolls and pina coladas and we sat out on our deck and pretended to be cruising:)

When I was on the Jewel last month they didn't have them out for breakfast so what I would do is save a few from lunch/dinner and then make little egg sandwiches outta them. Oh sooooo good!!!!!!!!

On the GEM they had a few larger size oblong pretzel rolls near the deli section at lunch.........to make sandwiches out of. Awsome!

When I was on the Jewel last month they didn't have them out for breakfast so what I would do is save a few from lunch/dinner and then make little egg sandwiches outta them. Oh sooooo good!!!!!!!!

Genius! I will have to remember that the next time I cruise. I loved the pretzel rolls.

Thanks!

they are in the buffet line in the garden cafe, with the other breads/rolls. they look like round versions of the dutch-style pretzels you buy on NY streets or in movie theaters: rich hard brown crust, split open in the middle with lots of coarse salt. Yum.

Just off the Jewel this past Sunday. The pretzel rolls were not out for breakfast as I looked quite often. You'll find them in the Garden Cafe up front by the bread section to the right close to the wall. Also at lunchtime the long pretzel style is at the Sandwich Station which is located midway between the Garden Cafe and the Great Outdoors. I am addicted to these pretzel rolls.

Our local Regal Movie Theater has round pretzel rolls for sale at the concession stand. I've not tried them as they are $6 for 5 or 6. But every time I see them I think of the delicious pretzel rolls on our cruises :cool:.

After reading about people making a sandwich out of a pretzel roll, brautwurst, and saurkraut, all I've got to say is...I want one! :D

Archived