Best Line for a 1 Year Old?

lrowe70

We're in the process of planning a cruise which should fall right around the same time my baby turns 1.

Our favorite line(Star Clippers) is not approprite for a young child. Recently we sailed Carnival which was nice for him, but my husband and I would rather try something different. We're not into Mickey Mouse so aren't considering the Disney line either.

What would you all recommend as the best line for a 1 year old?

We'll be traveling in the summer and the location will be Bermuda, New England/Canada, or Alaska.

I know there are no pools or kid clubs that will take him at that age, but we're just looking for something that has babysitting, free play time, flexible meal times, and baby friendly excursions.

You may not be into Mickey Mouse, but Disney is absolutely fabulous for kids. They have plenty of "non-Mickey" things to do. As a mom, I took cooking classes and napkin folding, and crafts. My children were old enough to go to the "kid areas" but I understand they also offer babysitting services for those not old enough to go to these planned activity areas. They also have a "splash" pool for little ones on one of the decks (or did on the Magic). I have been impressed with Royal Caribbean's voyager class ships...lots of things to do and kid friendly, as well. We had a blast with them, also.

Some of the Royal Carribean ships have baby splash zone in the children pool area. It is kinda like a wading pool. I know Freedom of the Seas has this. I will be going on a cruise in may of Freedom of the seas. In my research I have learned that they have a toy sharing system where you can check toys our for free and exchange them so no packing all those toys to keep them occupied. They also have a morning and afternoon toddler program where the parents take them and have special play times with songs and activities( parents have to stay present) And they also have a nursery for 8 dollars an hour for those times when you want to have a little adult time. Because of all these features I have choosen this ship. Good luck finding the right ship for your family.

Archived