Need ideas

nascarcruiser

We are going to playa in a few weeks. What should we not miss doi g? We are up for about anything

A visit to Tulum is a must do, the ruins are fantastic to see and bring a bathing suit because below the ruins is one of the most breathtaking beaches I've seen.

If your looking for adventure try XPlor, best zip-lines I've ever seen.

Definitley do a snorkel in a Cenote. There are a ton of tours that do this. It's an amazing experience. I've been on about 6 or 7 different tours all to different cenotes and they are all spectacular!

I would also recommend eating at HC de Monterrey (Super Carne) on 1st Ave. (The original). Go for lunch as they close early and order the Arrecherra Nacional with the onion. Best dish I've eaten almost anywhere in the world.

Hit 5th Ave (Avenida 5) in the late afternoon/early evening when the street musicians and performers are out!

• 3 months later...

First of all, it depends on how much time you will be in port. It is easy to catch a collective to see the ruins in Tulum. Akumal Bay is just to the north. As a poster mentioned previously, swimming at the beach below the ruins is a great experience. Akumal is great for snorkeling and seeing turtles and sting rays. There are 2 dive shops on the beach that rent lockers and snorkeling equipment.

Coba isn't too far away from Tulum. This is a nice ruin to see. This is one place where you allowed to climb the ruin. However, make sure to hire a rickshaw driver to take you to the back of the park. It can be quite exhausting walking that distance in the heat.

Playa del Carmen is to the north. 5th Avenue is a fun place to walk and shop.

Xel-Hal is basically a water park. You can take a inner tube ride on a river and snorkel. Make sure to get the all-inclusive deal if you visit this place.

XCaret has a fabulous night show. The show keeps on improving every time we have seen it. There are also other attractions that are worth seeing.

Cenotes - There are several cenotes in the area. These are a refreshing way to cool off.

Decide what you like doing and go for it. You are not going to be able to do everything. You could visit Tulum and Akumal Bay. You might be able to hire a guide to take you to Coba and a cenote.