Safe beaches in port for solo female?

Hydro ergo

Hi All,

I have a cruise booked for the week of Thanksgiving on Princess stopping in Aruba, Bonaire, and Curacao. Long story short, my travel partner isn't able to make the cruise any longer. So, I am trying to decide what to do. I would like to still go, but I am wondering if I will be unable to find fun and safe things to do while in port. On this thread I am asking specifically about Curacao, but any port info is helpful. I love snorkeling and beach time, but hate these types of activities as organized shore excursions. I will be in port from 8am - 10pm...lots of time, so more feedback that just beachy stuff is welcome. I am in my 30s and active, love the outdoors. I am comfortable traveling on my own, have done so in many large cities, but always like to make sure that I'm not doing anything stupid!

Thanks so much for your help!

• 4 weeks later...
Hi All,

I have a cruise booked for the week of Thanksgiving on Princess stopping in Aruba, Bonaire, and Curacao. Long story short, my travel partner isn't able to make the cruise any longer. So, I am trying to decide what to do. I would like to still go, but I am wondering if I will be unable to find fun and safe things to do while in port. On this thread I am asking specifically about Curacao, but any port info is helpful. I love snorkeling and beach time, but hate these types of activities as organized shore excursions. I will be in port from 8am - 10pm...lots of time, so more feedback that just beachy stuff is welcome. I am in my 30s and active, love the outdoors. I am comfortable traveling on my own, have done so in many large cities, but always like to make sure that I'm not doing anything stupid!

Thanks so much for your help!

You will be fine. Curacao is a very safe place. Just take usual caution as a tourist.

Take a tour of Curacao. You can book through the ship or just pick up one at the pier. There will be many vans and cabs offering tours. Cross the Queen Emma pontoon Bridge to the town and stroll through to see the floating market and shops. Then visit the Mambo beach area or the Seaquarium. On return explore the Rif Fort shops, restaurants and bars. That is next to the Mega pier.