Fantastica experience - are the perks(drinks) per person or cabin?

acsfl

I am looking at booking on the Divina for next summer. I am trying to decide if it's worth booking the Fantastica experience. It says it includes 12 drink vouchers. Is this for each guest in the cabin or is this per cabin to share?

And does the priority dinner seating really benefit you? Do you then get to choose between seatings?

I am looking at booking on the Divina for next summer. I am trying to decide if it's worth booking the Fantastica experience. It says it includes 12 drink vouchers. Is this for each guest in the cabin or is this per cabin to share?

And does the priority dinner seating really benefit you? Do you then get to choose between seatings?

Per person.

Unfortunately, I had a chat with a rep on the MSC website and was told that as of either March or May(I can't recall which) 2017, it is per cabin :-(

Hardly seems worth the extra money in that case.

Not sure if the 12 drink package had been included in the past in Fantastica or is used as a perk sometimes but, it is to be added as part of Fantasica beginning Spring/Summer 2017. Aurea has a drink package but I think, other than the YC, that's it. I also notice that different cruises have different packages so I guess it can depend on that as well.

If you haven't read this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2224649

I recommend you do. Not much seems to have changed.

Just checked their website and it looks like the 12 drink package is included with Fantastica:

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/compare-experiences.aspx

I guess we will find out for sure in 6 weeks!

Would be nice if it was, however, did you notice the starred notice / fine print:

°Available for adults only.

*Wellness Experience is available from Summer 2017. *The drink package refers to Allegrissimo or More For Less Classic depending on cruise destination. Starting Summer 2017 the Allegrissimo package will be re-named the All-Inclusive Restaurant & Bar Drink Package & the More-For-Less Classic will be renamed the All-Inclusive Classic Drink Package. Please refer to the Special Packages

*****The Fantastica Drink Package is available starting from Summer 2017. It consist of 12 beverage vouchers in bars, restaurants and buffet and includes wines by the glass, beers, non-premium spirits and cocktails, soft drinks, mineral water and hot drinks. Child version without alcohol.

**For further details, please refer to the Booking Terms & Conditions

I agree - their prices are very reasonable compared to other cruiselines. We already pre-purchased the More for Less beverage package. I was trying to figure out how I was going to consume 12 more drinks! I hope we like MSC, I am intrigued by the looks of the new Seaside.

It's the part in the terms that states the vouchers would be for soft drinks for kids that made me think it must be per person in the first place. So, disappointing if it's now just per cabin since you could buy a 12 drink voucher package for less than the upcharge to Fantastica and I don't see much else that makes it worth it.

Very nice. It wouldn't be worth it to us. I hope you enjoy MSC too and can come back to let us know your opinion. I don't expect this to be perfect but I/we love the idea of sailing on a cruise line which seems so different.

I have no idea what to expect on our New Years cruise but willing to bet it'll be as good as we make it. I've started taking Italian lessons...

We're already booked on Seaside in an Aurea balcony. I really love the looks of this experience but it's a long way out.... patience grasshopper... :p

• 1 month later...

I would imagine it would have to be per person - makes no sense otherwise. A family of 4 sharing a cabin - 2 adults, 2 children - would have to have vouchers for each person. Also, you're paying the Fantastica 'Experience' price per person!

We sail in April. When I called to confirm the changes would begin by our sail date, they also confirmed that they drink vouchers were per person and that our 2 children would receive "non-alcoholic" drink vouchers.

Any sailings beginning April 1 or later qualify for the "new" Fantastica packages. And yes, it is 12 drinks per person.

Fantastica Drink Package*

*The drink package consists of 12 beverage vouchers in bars, restaurants and buffet and includes wines by the glass, beers, non-premium spirits and cocktails, soft drinks, mineral water and hot drinks. Child version without alcohol.

I am finding more and more agents at MSC have no idea what they are talking about. Recently one had no clue what a dry dock was and another couldn't read the deck plans and tried giving me forward cabins thinking they were aft. Not to mention the ones that are convinced all the Aurea Suites have balconies. Sad that folks have to get the correct info here.

Bret

Any sailings beginning April 1 or later qualify for the "new" Fantastica packages. And yes, it is 12 drinks per person.

Fantastica Drink Package*

*The drink package consists of 12 beverage vouchers in bars, restaurants and buffet and includes wines by the glass, beers, non-premium spirits and cocktails, soft drinks, mineral water and hot drinks. Child version without alcohol.

I am finding more and more agents at MSC have no idea what they are talking about. Recently one had no clue what a dry dock was and another couldn't read the deck plans and tried giving me forward cabins thinking they were aft. Not to mention the ones that are convinced all the Aurea Suites have balconies. Sad that folks have to get the correct info here.

Bret

Interesting since our Sinfonia cruise begins on 5 May 2017. We already have the mealtime drinks package as a booking perk. Wondering if the 12 drinks is additional to this as part of our Fantastica fare?

Edited by mildew1951

• 3 months later...
Interesting since our Sinfonia cruise begins on 5 May 2017. We already have the mealtime drinks package as a booking perk. Wondering if the 12 drinks is additional to this as part of our Fantastica fare?

I guess we'll find out soon.

I see nothing which suggests the Fantastica package would not be compatible with a Mealtime Beverage Package. I was able to add the Mealtime Beverage Package (free perk) to a cruise last year - it was good to have! FWIW, the Mealtime Beverage Package does not include spirits or cocktails, but does include Heineken draft beer, 5 house wines (2 red, 1 rose, 2 white), mineral water (including sparkling water) and soda (and I think it also includes fruit juices). The Mealtime Beverage Package is an unlimited package valid only during posted lunch and dinner times (as per Daily Planner), and is valid only in the buffet or main dining room. This means, if the buffet is serving lunch from Noon until 3PM, and dinner from 5:30PM until 9:30PM - you can stop by the buffet for an included beverage ... as well as when you are seated for dinner in the main dining room.

Having both packages would be ideal especially if they were at no cost. :)

• 3 weeks later...
Unfortunately, I had a chat with a rep on the MSC website and was told that as of either March or May(I can't recall which) 2017, it is per cabin :-(

Hardly seems worth the extra money in that case.

I just booked the fantastica on msc next feb 2018 and YES each person gets 12 vouchers for drinks.

I just booked Fantastica on the Seaside for April, 2018. The 12 drink pkg is pp. I also got the meal drink pkg at no charge, and internet surfer pkg, and $50.00obc. I also purchased the 18 drink pkg for $89.00, which was $5.00 more than I paid on the Divina last year, but still a great deal. I purchased this along with prepaid grats, so unless we want to purchase something, or go on an excursion, this cruise won't cost me one penny more. Very happy with the price for a brand new ship. Merigavelia next?

• 3 months later...