balcony or JS on OASIS??

Quick question. DH wants to check out Oasis so we are looking at the August 17 2013 sailing. (Our anniversary is the 16th and it was the closest sailing) :). He is thinking about a JS for the double points however I am looking at a Balcony (over looking water of course :rolleyes:) for the 1800. dollar differance . If you have done Oasis (or Allure) is the JS worth the extra money for the double points?? If I book now and there is a price drop what do I do ?? Should I book now or wait??

probably booking directly through RCI just for the peace of mind. Thanks for any and all help!

A JS gives you a lot more space...most like a hotel room. But, $1800....that's alot of moola!

We book JS's because I love having a tub...and the space! I don't even compare prices of the smaller cabins, because I know I won't be happy crammed into something smaller...so the JS price is the only one I pay attention to!

We've been on Oasis twice and Allure once. We've been in an oceanview balcony and a JS. No question, the JS is what I prefer. The balcony rooms are a little "tighter" on these ships than others. The JS has the walk-in closet, more space, larger bathroom, larger balcony, etc. But, if the money difference isn't worth it to you, then take the balcony. Just being on these magnificent ships is enough of a treat! (But it's better in a JS) LOL.

Yes, balcony cabins are a little tight on this class, no doubt about it. However, if you decide not to go for the JS, may I suggest booking a cabin on the hump if one is available; this class of ship gives you a bigger balcony on the hump and it helped us feel a little less, well, cramped. ;)

Have fun. :)

We are having the same dilemma (frankly, it's not a bad one to have). We are already booked for July 14, 2012 on the Oasis in a D2, but after sailing in GS on Serenade last summer, I'm anxious about how tight it'll be. I minded the movement a few nights and not feeling cramped in the cabin really helped.

I keep checking on the prices and availability of the JS, worst case scenario, we'll do just fine in the D2, but if I find some money lying in the street over the next few months, I know where it's going :)

Due to financial issues, we booked a balcony on the 14th floor, then read CC and moved further down to 11th floor still in a balcony, then closer to sailing after everyone makes final payment - we moved to the 9th floor into a JS and it only cost $150 more. While we always love the JS, originally the price was out of our limit.

You'll be fine with the normal balcony cabins. There is so much to do on the Oasis that you really won't be in your cabin that much. Plus, $1,800 is a LOT of money and could go to some really awesome excursions, spa services, or airfare.

Booked the junior suite on Oasis deck 9 ~ 9242 on the hump :D ! August 17.2013 . So we have 16 months to save and I have 16 months to get more excited (yeah right cause that culd happen with out me exploding ;) ). Also means 16 months to lose the 20 pounds I'd like to lose! OMG I am so happy and excited CC will have me band with in the time ..."toxic fairy you are here by band from CC for driving everyone nutts with your constant excitment and questions" .

Archived