Just off Freedom

sg4crzn

Had a good time but disappointed with the ship. Being on Carnival Magic twice and Disney Fantasy last year might have something to do with that. The decor is ugly and I never figured out the theme. All the services and workers were great. The dining menus seemed to have fewer options. The shows offered were not in my taste but we enjoyed the beach show and one family comedy show.

I appreciate your opinion and mini review of the Freedom. I personally did not find the decor ugly, a bit strange maybe, but after the first day (on my first cruise on this ship in 2010, I hardly noticed). Decor also never plays into my choice of ship, it is just not important to me. We are all different however, and I hear over and over that this ship or that ship had ugly decor, so it, like food is all subjective.

I have never been on the Magic, though it looks like a great ship, that I would love to cruise on some day, I think you need to know going in, that the older ship (Freedom) will not have all the bells and whistles of the newer one. Knowing that, there should be less disappointment.

I dont know if the ship had the same staff as I encountered in November, but sounds like maybe it did. It was hands down, the best group of ships staff I have encountered on any cruise including Celebrity. From the ground up to officer level, they were the friendliest and most sincerely caring crew that I have ever had the pleasure to sail with.

Thanks for your review. I do hope your next cruise will be better.:)

Had a good time but disappointed with the ship. Being on Carnival Magic twice and Disney Fantasy last year might have something to do with that. The decor is ugly and I never figured out the theme. All the services and workers were great. The dining menus seemed to have fewer options. The shows offered were not in my taste but we enjoyed the beach show and one family comedy show.

Sorry you did not enjoy the Freedom. I am sailing her on Saturday. Décor does not play a part in selecting a ship. Did it have the new American Table and American Feast menus?

Sorry you didn't enjoy the Freedom. We been 6 times and thoroughly enjoyed the ship. Best was this past Oct with the 2.0 upgrades. Awesome! I've never been one to pay much attention to the "decor".

Sorry you did not enjoy the Freedom. I am sailing her on Saturday. Décor does not play a part in selecting a ship. Did it have the new American Table and American Feast menus?

They just started the new menus about two weeks ago.

I was on the Freedom cruise last week. I really liked the ship, but Ireally like the Conquest class ships. The decor was fine for me. I've been on many ships including the Magic and the Dream and I liked the Freedom. I found the food overall to be some of the best we've had in the last few years of cruising. The new American Table and Feast menus were good. They included some old favorites and new items as well. Because many of the crew were new and because of the new way meals are handled in the kitchen, the service was slow most nights. We had Your Time dining, but I gather that didn't make a difference in the slowness of service. Overall we had a great cruise. The weather was bad on our last sea day, but it was great the rest of the cruise.:D:D

They just started the new menus about two weeks ago.

Thanks for the info!

I was on the Freedom cruise last week. I really liked the ship, but Ireally like the Conquest class ships. The decor was fine for me. I've been on many ships including the Magic and the Dream and I liked the Freedom. I found the food overall to be some of the best we've had in the last few years of cruising. The new American Table and Feast menus were good. They included some old favorites and new items as well. Because many of the crew were new and because of the new way meals are handled in the kitchen, the service was slow most nights. We had Your Time dining, but I gather that didn't make a difference in the slowness of service. Overall we had a great cruise. The weather was bad on our last sea day, but it was great the rest of the cruise.:D:D

Glad you had a good time! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the American Table and Feast menus. We are waitlisted for Early dining, so I hope the service is better! How did you enjoy the shows?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was disappointed in the Freedom. We return last week (6/6/15). I have been on Carnival 5 times before, but my 2 most recent cruises were on Royal Caribbean. The service on Royal Caribbean was so bad the last time that I swore them off. The service we got from the staff was one of the best experiences I have had. I may have been expecting too much from the Freedom. Unfortunately, the entertainment was lacking. Thank goodness for the comedy club, because that was the only thing we found interesting to do after dinner. The production shows just didn't seem enticing when we read about them in the Fun Times.

Thank goodness for the comedy club, because that was the only thing we found interesting to do after dinner. The production shows just didn't seem enticing when we read about them in the Fun Times.

How can you criticize them if you didn't even give them a chance? I have been quite surprised in previous occasions where what was described in the Fun Times was much less appealing than the actual production itself. I have hard many instances of people writing off the Playlist Productions shows altogether, then were very impressed after giving it a chance.

Bummer you did not enjoy the Freedom, we sailed her 3 years ago and had a BLAST! Sure the decor can be a bit flashy, so what most cruise ships can be go with the flow! We cruised on The Allure of the Seas before Freedom and NEVER said this is not like the Allure, we still had fun, most ships will be different, take it and just have fun, hope your next cruise will be better.

• 3 weeks later...
Just goes to show everyone has a different opinion. We much prefer the Freedom to the Magic.

Booked the Freedom for February. We had a spa cabin on Magic and got spoiled by that, so we're going to have to find something else to keep up amused on Freedom. But I'm sure we'll find a way to keep ourselves occupied. ;)