Anyone do Baja Dune Buggy tour thru Island Marketing?

Herburlness

My boyfriend and I just booked this tour and Im wondering if anyone has done this tour before. We could not figure what to do while in this port. We read about the dune buggies and thought it sounded fun and a good way to see alot of the island. Would love to hear any experiences you have had!

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
My boyfriend and I just booked this tour and Im wondering if anyone has done this tour before. We could not figure what to do while in this port. We read about the dune buggies and thought it sounded fun and a good way to see alot of the island. Would love to hear any experiences you have had!

Thanks[/quot

I booked this excursion for my family of 4. I would love to here if you booked it and how it was. We leave June 2 nd for our cruise

We had SUCH a blast through STS-Honduras dune buggies! We have teenage boys 15 and 18 and they had a great time driving. You don't get to see a lot of the island, but we had some fantastic views on the way to the mud pit, where we did donuts in the mud to our hearts content! We were COVERED from head to toe in mud, so be prepared (you might even bring shoes you can toss, because we couldn't get ours clean and dry again :) After the mud pit, they take you to a private beach to clean up in the crystal blue water. They had some water, iced tea, chips and salsa for us. The dune buggies do take quite a beating, so a couple of them had problems, but Hector always managed to find a solution to get us moving again. I felt very safe. He led the pack in a buggy, then had some guys bring up the rear in a truck. There were just 4 buggies (8 people) on our trip, so it was nice not to have to wait for a big group. It truly was the best excursion we did. (I did a review and there are pics on TripAdvisor as well).

Have fun!

I just booked thru Island marketing for our stop there in October. I'd love to hear from anyone who gets there before me. We quad frequently here at home, and the problem I always find is that there is inevitably people on the quad tours who don;t know how to ride, and slow the whole thing down. There are 4 of us doing this tour, all riding solo, so we should be able to kick some serious booty! Yes, it's a little more expensive, but I want to have fast fun, and drive the whole time!

• 4 years later...

We did book thru Island Marketing. We had a good time, it was pretty dry when we were there(first part of June) so it wasn't muddy. They took us to a nice private beach, at the time the sand fleas were bad there. We didn't notice them while we were there but had red polka dots every where when we got back to the ship. They didn't hurt or anything and faded pretty fast but maybe just a nuisance. This was in 2009 so maybe they have gotten better.

We did book thru Island Marketing. We had a good time, it was pretty dry when we were there(first part of June) so it wasn't muddy. They took us to a nice private beach, at the time the sand fleas were bad there. We didn't notice them while we were there but had red polka dots every where when we got back to the ship. They didn't hurt or anything and faded pretty fast but maybe just a nuisance. This was in 2009 so maybe they have gotten better.

Thank you! Were there many people in the group? I'm looking at going solo.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Personally speaking, I will never book an excursion through Island Marketing. A few years ago, a member of our cruise party booked some sort of snuba excursion through them in Cozumel. When the people finally showed up at the appointed place (late), they were given snuba gear and told they could snuba off the shore.

Edited by dmet0225
Edited to change from snorkeling to snuba