What to do, what to do

mrsd2fan

So, I read that St. Kitts doesn't really have good beaches....so tell me...what else is there to do? Is there snorkeling? If so, is the island good for snorkeling? Can you recommend a good tour guide for this?

So, I read that St. Kitts doesn't really have good beaches....so tell me...what else is there to do? Is there snorkeling? If so, is the island good for snorkeling? Can you recommend a good tour guide for this?

Wherever one goes, whoever one hires, whatever one pays, it is very average at best. Just go to Shipwreck on South Friars. Small reef about 20 Yards to the right of the bar. They will direct you.

If you want a beach, check our Friars and Carambola. I thought it was pretty and we had a good time there. Look in my signature line and go to St Kitts and find Carambola. There's TONS of pictures. Decided for yourself. If you've never seen a black sand beach, you can walk down from Carambola and see the most beautiful sparkly black sand ever. It was beautiful. :)

If you want a beach, check our Friars and Carambola. I thought it was pretty and we had a good time there. Look in my signature line and go to St Kitts and find Carambola. There's TONS of pictures. Decided for yourself. If you've never seen a black sand beach, you can walk down from Carambola and see the most beautiful sparkly black sand ever. It was beautiful. :)

I checked your St. Kitts Carmbola signature thingy and when I clicked on it it said San Juan, so am I looking at San Juan or St. Kitts?

Thanks! Since snorkeling isn't great and the beach you suggested will probably be crowded..what else is there to do on St. Kitts?

Not sure why you are assuming that. South Friars beach is not an overly crowded beach. It will also depend on how many ships are in port that day. If there's 1 or 2 you will be fine. Most taxi drivers will drop you off at Carambola, as they get a kick back. While the beach and and the building are nice, I would prefer to be dropped off at Shipwreck which is located at the end of the beach. It is rustic, and a good beach vibe. Chairs are free, food is good and the drinks are strong. They also rent snorkelling gear, as the reef is right there.

The black sand is on that portion of the beach, you can start out at Shipwreck and if you don't like it, you can head on over to Carmabola

Thanks! Since snorkeling isn't great and the beach you suggested will probably be crowded..what else is there to do on St. Kitts?

As posted before. To avoid the herds, we have two options; the ferry to Nevis and visit Sunshine's or the day Catamaran sail, snorkel and lunch tour.

Not sure why you are assuming that. South Friars beach is not an overly crowded beach. It will also depend on how many ships are in port that day. If there's 1 or 2 you will be fine. Most taxi drivers will drop you off at Carambola, as they get a kick back. While the beach and and the building are nice, I would prefer to be dropped off at Shipwreck which is located at the end of the beach. It is rustic, and a good beach vibe. Chairs are free, food is good and the drinks are strong. They also rent snorkelling gear, as the reef is right there.

The black sand is on that portion of the beach, you can start out at Shipwreck and if you don't like it, you can head on over to Carmabola

How far is Shipwreck from Port?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Forums mobile app

I checked your St. Kitts Carmbola signature thingy and when I clicked on it it said San Juan, so am I looking at San Juan or St. Kitts?

It's a full review of our Fascination cruise out of San Juan (hence the title name). But when you click on St Kitts, it will take you to the page where that portion (within the review) starts. :) Just scroll down and you'll see it.

We did the rainforest tour with Greg. It was awesome!!

Do the St. Kitts Scenic Railway tour, on the old Sugar Cane railway line. It's the only working railway left in the Caribbean. The coaches are open air double decker affairs. It's a really nice unique relaxing way of seeing the island. Don't expect high adrenaline though, is very sedate. Read more and see pictures in my crew mender blog http://www.downtokokomo.wordpress.com Have a great time!

How strenuous is the rainforest tour? We're in our late 60s and like to walk, but I don't like slippery rocks. It sounds beautiful.

I have never done it, due to bad knee/ ankle, but I've had friends that have done it. It is very strenuous especially coming down the hill. I would contact the tour operator directly as they will be the best person to answer your questions and explain in detail what the tour entails.

• 4 weeks later...

https://www.facebook.com/discoverybeachbarskb/

Discovery beach bar on Friars is a sweet unassuming spot between shipwreck and Carambola

Liz Pereira arranged for transport to this slice of heaven see her on facebook for tours and reliable transport while visiting the island: https://www.facebook.com/liz.pereira.792?fref=ufi .

This beach bar is as authentic as it comes. The proprietor, Morsey, lives on site and built the place by hand. He is laid back and keeps an immaculate and welcoming space for those looking for a relaxing easy vibe. Bob Marley wafted gently as we enjoyed our loungers under the palms. Bathrooms were clean and fully plumbed. The place is rustic but it is immaculate. Morsey is also a great cook! We had the best meal of our cruise - the fish was spectacular and those famous wings are delectable. Presentation was up there with a 4 star restaurant (don't be fooled by the unassuming exterior - this place is a gem)

A great relaxing day and the best day of our cruise - we will be back for certain!

• 3 weeks later...

We are doing a tour through the ship which lasts from 8:30 - 12:30 (sugar train and cataraman sail). I am a!so interested in other Things to see/do in the afternoon. All aboard would be at 4, so that leaves limited time in the afternoon. The jungle seems good, but realistically the activity could only be from 1-3. Are there interesting things near port?

Our family enjoyed a wonderful day at Carambola Beach Club. I took the option on the recommendation of Mitsugirly's great review. The beach was lovely. The beach club was posh...padded chairs and good service. The bar makes a fantastic ginger lemon tea that's super addicting. There are massage folks on the beach...if you go, go to LaVerne close to the jet ski vendor...her service is great and she uses fresh aloe vera. We did try the jet skis and our boys had a wonderful time. There are also native island monkeys that you can take photos with for $5 per person...our boys liked the damned monkey the most. The walk down towards Shipwreck was cool because there's a strip of black sand beach. We'd gladly come back.