Celebrity and diamonds intl cannot be trusted

Dog Trainer

My wife and i along with 22 other friends took a birthday cruise on Celebrity to PR and St Maarten. We did get caught up in the 'buying hype' and we did visit a recommended store in S Maarten called Diamonds International. What a mistake! We purchased a necklace albeit for no money down and we were assured that it was valued at better than the price we were to pay. We did not have to put down 5 cents which indicated to me that they may in fact be serious about its value. We had it appraised when we got home and found it was worth less than half of what they wanted to charge us. We went to return it as they said we could and then all hell broke out. Celebrity who supposedly guarantees the value and dealings with their vendors turned out to be in the thick of things with the vendor. They and the vendor refused to allow its return, but mind you we had not paid a penny for it as yet. We have advised them both that the item will never be paid for and to give us authorization to return it. Celebrity refused to honor their deal as did Diamonds International. Both of these companies TOLD US TO POUND SAND are we now know they are both frauds and my suggestion is that if you cruise with them, DON'T BUY FROM THEM OR DIAMONDS INTERNATIONAL AND TELL YOU FRIENDS THE SAME.

:mad:

We don't buy jewelry at Diamonds Int'l, nor in any store far away from home where it can be seen by a gemologist. I hope others will be cautious to being in a similar situation like yours. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My wife and i along with 22 other friends took a birthday cruise on Celebrity to PR and St Maarten. We did get caught up in the 'buying hype' and we did visit a recommended store in S Maarten called Diamonds International. What a mistake! We purchased a necklace albeit for no money down and we were assured that it was valued at better than the price we were to pay. We did not have to put down 5 cents which indicated to me that they may in fact be serious about its value. We had it appraised when we got home and found it was worth less than half of what they wanted to charge us. We went to return it as they said we could and then all hell broke out. Celebrity who supposedly guarantees the value and dealings with their vendors turned out to be in the thick of things with the vendor. They and the vendor refused to allow its return, but mind you we had not paid a penny for it as yet. We have advised them both that the item will never be paid for and to give us authorization to return it. Celebrity refused to honor their deal as did Diamonds International. Both of these companies TOLD US TO POUND SAND are we now know they are both frauds and my suggestion is that if you cruise with them, DON'T BUY FROM THEM OR DIAMONDS INTERNATIONAL AND TELL YOU FRIENDS THE SAME.

Diamonds International (and many tourist dependent jewelry businesses like it) are able to stay afloat in large part because so many people don't do any investigative research.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nice blog, in particular I like the way you capture those moments with your excellent photos................;):p:confused::rolleyes:

• 2 months later...