09/10 Freedom of the Seas Sailing - Airport Travel help****

shaycaravella

Hello All,

We are cruising out of Barcelona on 09/10 and returning 09/17. We are in a tough situation because we have a 10:20 international flight out of BCN to head back to the states. What is the travel time and check-in process when traveling out of BCN. Will we have enough time to disembark and travel to the airport with ease? Any help here would be great!

SC

• 2 weeks later...

I THINK you will be okay. I personally wouldn't chance, it but I understand there may be cost issues. Make sure you have a low disembarkation number. If you are planning on checking in large luggage, bring your own hand held scale, to weigh the luggage while packing the previous night before disembarkation. If this applies to you, I would set a goal of about 48 pds. Based on my one and only experience on flying out BCN on Delta several years back their scales went heavy i.e. my 48 pds equaled their 50 pds.

As we stood in line for the Delta check in I saw people getting to the check in Agent only to be moved to the side, since their luggage was over 50 pds, and they didn't want to pay the added fee. They were busy repacking items between their various luggage.

Since I recognized some people from our cruise and had made friends even before the cruise. I said "You guys better double check, while we are in line" with my "weigher". One or two couples made adjustments while we were in line.