Question from cruise newbie after staying in Carnival Valor OS 7262 (jarring bed)

nebraskagirl547

Hello! Last week we cruised in Carnival Valor's OS 7262 stateroom and it was very quiet and large. However on two of the nights (sailing between Cozumel and Progreso; and again on the last night back to Galveston) there was the sensation of someone kicking the bed (two twins together) every 10 seconds to one minute (inconsistent shaking, not a regular vibration). Is this the ocean waves since the room is forward? There was no accompanying noise. We couldn't sleep at all and I tried to sleep on the couch (which had less jarring), and if i walked around it didn't seem too bad--but back in the bed, and wow, it was a tremendous shake every minute or so, just enough to let me almost relax and then wake me up again. Do the cheap metal frames amplify some kind of ship movement? This was our first cruise and want to avoid this issue in the future. Thank you for your help! :)

• 2 weeks later...

My experience is that on most cruise ships if you very far forward and the sea swells are strong you will likely feel a lot of vibration and hear booming types of noises when you are very far forward on a ship. My advice is to get more mid-ship where you will hear some noise and feel some movement but far less then being very far forward.

Keith

Hello! Last week we cruised in Carnival Valor's OS 7262 stateroom and it was very quiet and large. However on two of the nights (sailing between Cozumel and Progreso; and again on the last night back to Galveston) there was the sensation of someone kicking the bed (two twins together) every 10 seconds to one minute (inconsistent shaking, not a regular vibration). Is this the ocean waves since the room is forward? There was no accompanying noise. We couldn't sleep at all and I tried to sleep on the couch (which had less jarring), and if i walked around it didn't seem too bad--but back in the bed, and wow, it was a tremendous shake every minute or so, just enough to let me almost relax and then wake me up again. Do the cheap metal frames amplify some kind of ship movement? This was our first cruise and want to avoid this issue in the future. Thank you for your help! :)

Swells are a most likely situation. See my avatar - that's a typhoon breaking swells as viewed from the bridge of the TS Golden Bear. I know that "shuddering thud" well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums