Discovery Inclusive Drinks

Not yet as Discovery has not started her summer season and that is when the 'all inclusive' begins. Last year the 'AI' was good with not to many supplements but some including me wonder if TUI will make the mistake of dumming down the package when it becomes exclusively AI (you can't not have it)

Not yet as Discovery has not started her summer season and that is when the 'all inclusive' begins. Last year the 'AI' was good with not to many supplements but some including me wonder if TUI will make the mistake of dumming down the package when it becomes exclusively AI (you can't not have it)

"On this ship you can enjoy all inclusive as standard. Most activities, five restaurants and local drinks are included. We've thrown in cider, Prosecco and some branded drinks, too"

thats the description from the online booking page, plenty joe bloggs i would imagine

So the all inclusive is not all inclusive as it includes 'local drinks' whatever they are? plus some branded drinks.

Essentially what they are doing is making the previous drinks package compulsory, maybe with a reduced selection of 'free' drinks.

does anyone remember what it was like on Island Escape?

So the all inclusive is not all inclusive as it includes 'local drinks' whatever they are? plus some branded drinks.

Essentially what they are doing is making the previous drinks package compulsory, maybe with a reduced selection of 'free' drinks.

does anyone remember what it was like on Island Escape?

before it went totally AI there was stupid 10p supplements for such as smirnoff/bacardi , after the supplements increased to i think £1.20 so we could be looking at something the same for discovery with just a few sweetners, you can be sure its not going to include decent whiskies etc

before it went totally AI there was stupid 10p supplements for such as smirnoff/bacardi , after the supplements increased to i think £1.20 so we could be looking at something the same for discovery with just a few sweetners, you can be sure its not going to include decent whiskies etc

We are on the inaugural D2 sailing on 14th May so will know for sure then. Will post details asap.

I hope that they keep some of the drinks on the drinks package. I enjoy prosecco and Himself was pleased with the beer and whiskey that have been included. Time will tell.

So the all inclusive is not all inclusive as it includes 'local drinks' whatever they are? plus some branded drinks. Essentially what they are doing is making the previous drinks package compulsory, maybe with a reduced selection of 'free' drinks. does anyone remember what it was like on Island Escape?

Hi Dave. Just dug out a menu from Island Escape from October 2013. Remember prices will no doubt have increased.

All Inclusive Drinks were: Aperitifs and Port Wine 60ml / Beers by the Half Pint / House Spirits Selection 40ml / Cocktail Selection / Non-Alcoholic Cocktails / Juices & Soft Drinks by the Glass / Still Water by the Glass.

The following were all well known named brands:

Premium Drinks were: Apperitifs, Sherry and Ports 60ml (ranged between (1.50 - £1.75) / Vodka 49ml (£1.50 - £1.75) / Gin 40ml (£1.50 - £2.75 / Rum 40ml (£1.50 - £1.75 / Tequila 40ml (£1.50 - £1.75) / International Whiskies 40ml (£1.25 - £3.00) / Fine Aged Brandies and Cognacs 40ml ( £1.50 – 3.50) / Wines by the Glass 150ml (£2.00 – £2.75) / Sparkling Wine by the Glass 125ml (£2.50).

Premium Cocktails were: £2.50 / Non-Alcoholic Cocktails £1.50) / Shooters (£2.75)

International Liquers 30ml were £1.75

Sodas, Juices and Energy Drinks by can or bottle were: £1.00 - £3.50

Bottled Water: 75p - £2.00

Beers, Ciders, Ales: Draught Beer and Cider: Half Pint (£1.25 - £1.80) Pint (2.50 - £3.50) / Beers by the Bottle 330ml (£2.00 - £.2.50) / Beers with a Widget 440ml Can (£3.00 - £3.60).

I haven't actually added the named brands under each heading just the various categories.

As said at the beginning, these were October 2013 prices. Unfortunately don't have a menu to see what difference there was in price on the final sailing in October 2015.

How sad on a Saturday afternoon - I don't drink and am sitting here typing up a drinks menu!:eek:

Thanks Scion. The list makes sobering reading as there is not much that is free. Hopefully as the Discoveries are meant to be a bit more up market than the rest of the fleet they will at least have house wines and some branded gin and rum.

I will find out next month when I am on Discovery.

Hi Dave. Yep, sobering it was for DH when he discovered that they were only serving beer by the half pint:eek: and his double night cap (I don't drink) of Drambuie was going to cost him £3.50. He found an alternative and managed the half pints quite well because they had cut the number of waiters and the bars were working like clockwork. In the theatre the waiters were on the ball and came round quickly and were watching see when glasses were getting low.

• 2 weeks later...

Just back from Discovery and I noticed a paragraph appearing in the daily Cruise News which offers an upgrade to 'Premium All Inclusive' for £10 pppd which includes all premium brands and specialty drinks.

So I think that is a precursor to what is going to happen with the AI package I.e a dumming down of the existing package and a charge levied for a proper package.

Just back from Discovery and I noticed a paragraph appearing in the daily Cruise News which offers an upgrade to 'Premium All Inclusive' for £10 pppd which includes all premium brands and specialty drinks.

So I think that is a precursor to what is going to happen with the AI package I.e a dumming down of the existing package and a charge levied for a proper package.

That's been the case for sometime now on Thomson ships, it also included speciality coffee and water think we noticed it a couple of years ago.

Sent from my VF-895N using Forums mobile app

Hi I have just downloaded the new may17-18 broshure and it gives more of an explanation in it.

https://thomson.inbro.net/seeinsidebrochure/Thomson_Cruises:-May-2017-...-April-2018:-November-Edition/INTRODUCING-THOMSON-CRUISES/ALL-INCLUSIVE-EXPLAINED/pages_30-31.

It sates it includes wine/ prosecco by glass. Beer cider, spirits including ( named spirits gordons, bacardi, malibu). Soft drinks including a range of cocktails and mocktails . Includes 47, gallery 47, Islands glass house and snack shack

Hi I have just downloaded the new may17-18 broshure and it gives more of an explanation in it.

https://thomson.inbro.net/seeinsidebrochure/Thomson_Cruises:-May-2017-...-April-2018:-November-Edition/INTRODUCING-THOMSON-CRUISES/ALL-INCLUSIVE-EXPLAINED/pages_30-31.

It sates it includes wine/ prosecco by glass. Beer cider, spirits including ( named spirits gordons, bacardi, malibu). Soft drinks including a range of cocktails and mocktails . Includes 47, gallery 47, Islands glass house and snack shack

Things are maybe looking better than we first thought.