Hotels in Seattle - sorry if this is the wrong place to pose this question....

JessInNY

Hello All! It's been a while since I have been on cruise critic - I love it here! I am lucky enough to be able to cruise again this June - from Seattle to Alaska :) -- Can someone give me some tips on the best hotels to stay at in downtown Seattle - ones that have transportation from the airport to downtown hotel, and/or free transportation from downtown hotel to Princess Pier (91?). Thank you for any direction here, I really appreciate it! Have a great day :) - Jess

Go to the Seattle forum of tripadvisor and under Top Questions you'll find excellent info for cruisers and hotels.

(Or you can read thru past threads on the WEST COAST DEPARTURES forum of cruise critic.)

But here's a little info........Seattle is very expensive. It's also a 30 minute drive from SeaTac Airport so there are no free shuttles. A metered cab will be about $40. The Space Needle area is a bit cheaper than downtown because it's NOT downtown, but you can easily get there via monorail in 5 minutes.

Many travelers choose to stay near the airport because its much cheaper, esp if they're flying in the night before the cruise and don't have time to sightsee. ( or they can take the LightRail from SeaTac to downtown for $3, 40 minutes.)

Seattle Express partners with several hotels to provide transfers from the hotel to the pier. $15pp but you're on their schedule. A metered taxi from the airport to pier 91 will be around $50-60. From a downtown hotel to Pier 91 will be about $20.

The Inn at the Market has a cruise package that includes transportation from the airport. It’s located across from Pike Place Market and is very convenient to everything that is downtown. It consistently gets good reviews.

It’s a pricey place during the summer and if you can afford to stay there, the cost of transportation probably isn’t that much of a consideration.

Go to the Seattle forum of tripadvisor and under Top Questions you'll find excellent info for cruisers and hotels.

(Or you can read thru past threads on the WEST COAST DEPARTURES forum of cruise critic.)

But here's a little info........Seattle is very expensive. It's also a 30 minute drive from SeaTac Airport so there are no free shuttles. A metered cab will be about $40. The Space Needle area is a bit cheaper than downtown because it's NOT downtown, but you can easily get there via monorail in 5 minutes.

Many travelers choose to stay near the airport because its much cheaper, esp if they're flying in the night before the cruise and don't have time to sightsee. ( or they can take the LightRail from SeaTac to downtown for $3, 40 minutes.)

Seattle Express partners with several hotels to provide transfers from the hotel to the pier. $15pp but you're on their schedule. A metered taxi from the airport to pier 91 will be around $50-60. From a downtown hotel to Pier 91 will be about $20.

Thanks for mentioning seattle express. I am planning on staying near the airport and couldn't find much on them.

Thanks for mentioning seattle express. I am planning on staying near the airport and couldn't find much on them.

Where are you planning on staying?

My DW and I stay at the Best Western Seattle Airport Hotel all the time. Great staff and comfortable rooms. Pictures of the hotel start at post 4 of my review here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2376089 we find it quiet and see cruisers staying here all the time.

Where are you planning on staying?

My DW and I stay at the Best Western Seattle Airport Hotel all the time. Great staff and comfortable rooms. Pictures of the hotel start at post 4 of my review here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2376089 we find it quiet and see cruisers staying here all the time.

We have late flights and won't get into hotel to around 2 am, so currently looking at Spring Hill Suites to minimize cost.

Hello All! It's been a while since I have been on cruise critic - I love it here! I am lucky enough to be able to cruise again this June - from Seattle to Alaska :) -- Can someone give me some tips on the best hotels to stay at in downtown Seattle - ones that have transportation from the airport to downtown hotel, and/or free transportation from downtown hotel to Princess Pier (91?). Thank you for any direction here, I really appreciate it! Have a great day :) - Jess

Several posts here - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2377598 - including information about how to take a train - the Sound Transit - from the airport to downtown hotels for $3.25 pp

Holiday Inn Express Seattle-City Center was nice when we were there and they contract with Ace Transportation for $35 from airport (per car/trip I think) and $6-8 dollars from hotel to pier (probably $8 for Pier 91). Location is a little quirky near Seattle Center (Space Needle) area but much less cost than downtown.

l

SleepInn at SeaTac is a highly rated hotel with a free shuttle to the airport. They have a relationship with Seattle Express which provided great service to the ports on our last trip. We already have them both lined up for our next trip, but hurry since they get sold out quickly. Check out TripAdvisor for their ratings and advice. LOTS of CC's stay at this hotel.

We used the light rail from the airport to get to a Mariner's game. All of these folks know what they are doing.