P&O Aria early afternoon departure from Portside

It was fantastic. This was our second time the first in November 2013.

We chose this cruise as it also went to Madang, Wewak and the Conflict Islands which we did not visit last time as well as Alotau, Rabaul, Kitava and Kiriwini.

Each port is so different. The islands and snorkelling are so beautiful.

If you go to a resort the meals are excellent, I had Lobster at Rabaul and Alotau for about $20.

My 16 year old daughter has CP and has a wheelchair which fascinated all the locals they were even asking to take a photo of her.

In Wewak we were having a beer at a resort when the Goverment Minister came over and introduced himself and thanked us for coming as did many of the locals where ever we went. Also there when we were walking down the street this kid turned to his Dad and said "Look Dad there is a white man" which gave us a laugh.

In Rabaul we went swimming with Dolphins which we organised privately with Rapopo Resort. This would have to one of the most special things we have ever done.

Conflict Islands Simply Stunning, Owned by an Aussie. The staff had travelled 12 hours by boat from Alotau got the day to serve us.

We had a pie and a beer $10 for breakfast.

The snorkelling was great but a few people did get bitten, we took stinger suits so not us.

We are looking at doing the same cruise again in 2019.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It was fantastic. This was our second time the first in November 2013.

We chose this cruise as it also went to Madang, Wewak and the Conflict Islands which we did not visit last time as well as Alotau, Rabaul, Kitava and Kiriwini.

Each port is so different. The islands and snorkelling are so beautiful.

If you go to a resort the meals are excellent, I had Lobster at Rabaul and Alotau for about $20.

My 16 year old daughter has CP and has a wheelchair which fascinated all the locals they were even asking to take a photo of her.

In Wewak we were having a beer at a resort when the Goverment Minister came over and introduced himself and thanked us for coming as did many of the locals where ever we went. Also there when we were walking down the street this kid turned to his Dad and said "Look Dad there is a white man" which gave us a laugh.

In Rabaul we went swimming with Dolphins which we organised privately with Rapopo Resort. This would have to one of the most special things we have ever done.

Conflict Islands Simply Stunning, Owned by an Aussie. The staff had travelled 12 hours by boat from Alotau got the day to serve us.

We had a pie and a beer $10 for breakfast.

The snorkelling was great but a few people did get bitten, we took stinger suits so not us.

We are looking at doing the same cruise again in 2019.

Sounds like a wonderful itinerary. Thank you for sharing your experience. Did the cruise commence in Brisbane? Was it on Aria?

Was your daughter able to get off the ship with her wheelchair when you tendered?

Madang is on my bucket list, as I used to be the class scribe, in primary school, to the wife of a Patrol Officer in Madang.

Is this cruise every year, or every second year?

Yes this cruise goes from Brisbane in February in 2018 and 2019.

This was our 2nd time on the Aria last year we did the Bounty Adventure to Tonga which we also loved.

No Chelsea could only get off a Alotau, Rabaul and Madang.

On each of the sea days we had an excellent presentation given by John and his wife Morag who detailed their life as Patrol Officers I am sorry I can't remember his last name. We sat next to them one night at Angelos and they arranged for us to visit the Madang Festival as their guests as the shore tour was booked out.

Wow what an experience that was. There were displays from at least 10 different villages as well as the Mud Men. It was held at the Madang Resort which is quite upmarket like a PNG Raffles.

We decided to walk back to the Madang Club for Lunch, very good Chinese and a beer. It was a bit like our RSL Clubs of the 80's.

We find the shops fascinating. We probably visited about 20 buying good priced shirts shoes underwear etc, all from China and Indonesia but a lot better quality then here.

One thing I will say is that the roads are terrible they would have to be the worst I have seen.

There we many people that did this cruise for sentimental reasons and I think you would love it.