Aparthotel Mariano Cubi v. Glories

Alli Cruiser

We are traveling with two teens for a total of 3 weeks on our July Ruby cruise/land vacation. We are trying to use points for Barcelona to maintain some type of budget as we are doing Madrid and Marbella first and are paying for hotels there. Our choices from the accomodations for family with "thank you points" is the Aparthotel Mariano Cubi or Glories. I thought I remembered Riff saying Glories was near a mall. Can anyone weigh in on these two? I have read Trip Advisor. This will be for two nights pre-cruise.

We could also do two hotel rooms if neither of these would work.

Thanks for any input.

Linda

Hi,

I don't know which hotel you mean by Glories?

Glories itself IS a big mall. Both hotels are near metro stops so between metro and buses you can get around the city. It is NOT like San Diego but more like San Francisco or NYC where public transportation gets you everywhere. I don't know either of the hotels you are looking at personally. IF you put each hotel into Google you will see a map. You can use the SEARCH NEARBY function to find restaurants. I continue to recommend that new visitors to the city stay closer to the central square which is Placa Catalunya. IF that is not possible then I'd probably pick the Mariano Cubi location.

You'd have a choice of 2 metro lines and the Gracia neighborhood itself is an interesting one to poke around in. It has lots of interesting shops and local restaurants. I wouldn't necessarily stay near a mall here in the USA so staying near one in Barcelona would not be on my top 10 list!

I don't need to be by a mall either, just mentioned that as a frame of reference. Glories is on Calle Padilla. Another choice popped up today, the Villa Olimpic on Pallars.

Unfortunately, we have only these choices using our cc points. They offer many choices in Siteges bit few in the City for a family. I wiil do some map proximity research as you suggested.

I'd throw out the new hotel based on location.

When I choose hotels I use Trip Advisor + I compare reviews with the ones on :

http://www.venere.com This is a European booking site that has reviews from people AFTER they stay in the hotel which make them very reliable.

I read the ones on both of your original choices and I still think I'd go with the Mariano Cubi location.

It is difficult when you only have so few choices!!

Good luck!

Archived