Mandalay-new owner, new plans

update on the sailing cruise ship Mandalay, which went out of service when Windjammer Barefoot Cruises went belly up in 2007 and later was purchased and refurbed by Angermeyer Cruises and then put up for sale earlier this year:

Windjammer Sailing Adventures out of Florida has purchased Mandalay and supposedly plans to sail her out of Grenada. The jammerbabe website has posts about her being under sail this week, on the way to Panama. And this morning, this post was made by Old Salt on that site:

"Windjammer Sailing Adventures will be announcing their plans for the Mandalay within the next two weeks."

HOORAY HOORAY!!!!

So happy about the Mandalay -- she was my wedding ship :D in 2005 at Norman Island in the BVI.

And because of her...I got certified and now sail every year (sometimes more than once!)with my husband in the BVI -- really hope they include a BVI itinerary at some point -- there's a big Flotilla from Travel Talk Online taking place the week of July 4....just a thought :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You go, GTOjr! Mandalay's first sailing is this week! We, too, may be sailing her next year. Like your photo....we have a 68 Plymouth GTX. Classic cars and tall-ship sailing: life is good!

We did the Mandalay on our Honeymoon back in 2001!!! It was glorious. We hope she is successful and around for a few more years so that we can sail on her for our 15th anniversary. (Who knows, maybe for our 12th or 13th!!). So happy to hear she was resurected and brought back to life!! I'm on the mailing list so I've been getting the updates.

Archived