My Inexpensive Luggage Tag Holder Suggestion

I purchased an item today at my local Walgreens that I hope will make a decent cruise luggage tag holder. For one dollar from the travel section, I got a zip top clear vinyl packet measuring about 2.25 by 8.5 inches...it looks like it will hold an RCI or NCL tag nicely. It has a little plastic hanger, but I will probably attach it with a cable tie.

Even better, for my dollar I also got a toothbrush, toothbrush cover and small tube of Crest! yes, that's right I bought the travel toothbrush kit just for the resealable packaging! Mine is "DR. Fresh Velocity travel kit." My cruise is a little too far away to print tags right now (no edocs yet).

Can somebody measure their printed tag and tell me the size? If the size is right, I will buy a few more...

I just clicked on the button to have them mail them to me, I don't think you need a holder.

Recently, RCCL made a change and will only mail to those in full suites and to those who are Pinnacle.

All others can print ( as many as they need) from the e docs.

M

Recently, RCCL made a change and will only mail to those in full suites and to those who are Pinnacle.

All others can print ( as many as they need) from the e docs.

M

Interesting, particularly since they let me request them yesterday for our upcoming cruise, and neither of those (Full Suite / Pinnacle) apply. Maybe they're upgrading us to a GS and they just haven't told us yet. ;) Edited by Mark_K

Interesting, particularly since they let me request them yesterday for our upcoming cruise, and neither of those (Full Suite / Pinnacle) apply. Maybe they're upgrading us to a GS and they just haven't told us yet. ;)

They upgraded us last week. (not to a full suite). I saw the tab to order when i printed a new set sail pass, but never expected to get them. They did come in the mail, just a few days later, but I had already printed two off for us to use as the new docs noted that they had to be self printed .

M

ps - why in the world do they send 8 tags for two people!

M

They upgraded us last week. (not to a full suite). I saw the tab to order when i printed a new set sail pass, but never expected to get them. They did come in the mail, just a few days later, but I had already printed two off for us to use as the new docs noted that they had to be self printed .

M

M

For people like me :o I take 3 suit cases ! DH takes one bag and a very nice rolling garment bag . SO that is 5 bags for 2 people. Close :)

M

M

The official luggage allowance is 200 lbs/person. That could easily be eight bags.

Just printed and folded -

1 3/4" X 5 1/2"

M

Thank you for measuring M. My inexpensive new zip case will be plenty big enough. I will buy more next time I am at Walgreens.

Hey RCCL are you reading this - this is a great Diamonds in December gift.

I think a clear vinyl tag holder would be a nicer (and cheaper) meet and mingle favor than those blue fold over things they hand out. RCCL could buy them inexpensively in bulk at Uline.

Tape the entire tag in clear packing tape, bend the luggage tag in half, poke a hole in the two ends as they meet and use a plastic zip tie to tie it to your luggage. Works like a charm. We've done this several times on Carnival.

I used packing tape covered labels on previous cruises when I booked last minute or changed cabins last minute. It was not difficult, but took a little time. Now that Royal Caribbean will stop sending tags to me unless I book a full suite, I would be happy to have a longer lasting water resistant solution. for a dollar a piece, these pouches with a zip side should work well.

M

M

I put them on everything. Camera bag, computer bag, tote bag, binoculars or anything that you may leave laying on a seat on a bus or shuttle, etc. Might be a good idea to put them on your kids too....:p I would like more than 8 for my husband and me. When we print out our own, I will print more so I will have them handy.

BYW, I left my camera bag on a shuttle to the cruise ship one time. It got to the ship, but who knows. :o I was really lucky. I did have a name tag on the case, but not a ships tag.

Gwen :)

This would be a great Cruise Critic Store item too.

In any case I just purchased some that I saw posted here on CC. I bought them through the company rather than through whatever source (sorry, can't remember who that was) the thread was primarily about. Maybe Amazon??

I opted for the longer 9" (not 7") worm loop for an extra $.25. The worm loop is the rubbery loop that you use to attach the vinyl pouch to your luggage. The pouches, with the longer worms, were $2.75 each. I purchased 7 of them so I could give a few to friends. I bought a shower caddy too so I don't know what the shipping would be for just the luggage tag holders.

The company I bought them through is Favors By Serendipity. It is a wedding favor supply company. I was a little worried about ordering from an unknown company, but people here on CC mentioned ordering them from this company so I thought I would give it a try. Everything went very well and I received them quickly.

I did get the RCCL luggage tags for my 8/18/12 cruise so I haven't tried them yet but they seem quite sturdy.

why in the world do they send 8 tags for two people!

M

I don't know, but we use the extras to put in the suitcases in case the outer ones meet an untimely fate. ;)

We also use the packing tape to strengthen the tag. A staple or 2 keeps them in place.

OP, can you post a picture? I can't quite understand how this works. (I always need a visual of everything!) Thanks.

Kathy

I may lack the expertise to post the picture on this board. I may lack the equipment at the moment as well, as I am away from home. I likely could email you a picture from my phone if you are willing to give an email addy.

I would also love to see a pic!

Thanks!

Same answer....I can email a picture now if you'd like. You would then have my permission to add it here if you know how to do so.

Otherwise when I am home in a couple days I may try to add a picture to the thread, but I am not well versed in posting photos.