wifi in cabins

champagne lover

Apologies if this has been asked recently. When we were on QM2 in 2008 we had to go to the business centre to get wifi etc. Are you able to get it in your cabin now on QE?

It is not the most attractive option, but if you are not anxious to venture out of your cabin yet, I found sitting in the door saddle of the cabin, while holding the door open brought connection right away. The risk of this obviously is that you look like a weirdo for a short period of time. You do get very nice, well meaning people ask if you are okay. Staff members look at you with a big knowing smile.

Jeanne

I had no problems getting wi-fi in my cabin last year or this. I'm not sure if some areas of the ship might have problems that others don't although I never heard this from anybody. I was in 7032 last year and 8063 this year.

Edited by Scrapnana

I had no problems getting wi-fi in my cabin last year or this. I'm not sure if some areas of the ship might have problems that others don't although I never heard this from anybody. I was in 7032 last year and 8063 this year.

This was this past Christmas on QM2. I am always on Deck 10, but this was the first time I had a problem. BTW, this would be with an I-Pad.

Jeanne

This was this past Christmas on QM2. I am always on Deck 10, but this was the first time I had a problem. BTW, this would be with an I-Pad.

Jeanne

generally found Wi-Fi on QE cabins ok

QV Wi-Fi in cabins generally poor but much improved by opening cabin door, we put waste bin in place to hold door open

QV Wi-Fi in cabins generally poor but much improved by opening cabin door, we put waste bin in place to hold door open

LOL! I'll try that next time. Sitting in that doorway was not all that comfortable. Thanks.

Jeanne

I was in cabin 4050 on the QV for last year's World Voyage. The wifi was not to bad in the cabin. I found that I had better speed early morning our during dinner when fewer users were logged on.

Cabin location could make a difference too. Cabin 4050 was close to the stairs and elevators.

Don

Never heard so much nonsense. Wi-Fi works whether a stateroom door is closed or open. Travel Cunard (across the fleet) three or four time a year and never had problems with my IPad . The only venue onboard the Cunard fleet where Wi-Fi is not available is in the restaurants.

Never heard so much nonsense. Wi-Fi works whether a stateroom door is closed or open. Travel Cunard (across the fleet) three or four time a year and never had problems with my IPad . The only venue onboard the Cunard fleet where Wi-Fi is not available is in the restaurants.

Thanks for the heads up about the restaurants. I guess I just get lucky in the PG Dining Room on QM2, as I always get connected there. Must be one of those freaky things. I have also had great connectivity on occasion in my cabin. Just not last trip.

Jeanne

What is the cost of wifi?

Im in a balcony cabin .

A 120 minute package is $47.95. Starting with your third Cunard cruise (World Club Gold) you get 120 minutes per passenger as a complimentary benefit with higher packages at higher World Club levels. Edited by Underwatr

Thanks for the heads up about the restaurants. I guess I just get lucky in the PG Dining Room on QM2, as I always get connected there. Must be one of those freaky things. I have also had great connectivity on occasion in my cabin. Just not last trip.

Jeanne

Jeanne, you do surprise me that Wi-Fi is available in the PG restaurant (I know it's available in the Grill Lounge and even in the Kings court) :)

Not too sure when you managed to get on line in PG restaurant, but certainly in the Britannia restaurant (QM2) the option to get on line was removed some time ago.

I think it was to discourage guests (I expect they mean young guests) from using smart phones etc at the dinner table. :D

I am merely telling you what we experienced, upon opening cabin door signal went from poor to excellent on our lap top

Jeanne

Here is what the September 2014 QM2 internet info had to say about iPads and WiFi.

iPad%20WiFi_zpstjs54mep.jpg

The whole upload of WiFi info starts here.

I am merely telling you what we experienced, upon opening cabin door signal went from poor to excellent on our lap top

There were many times when I was only able to connect in the open doorway, then managed to stay connected in the cabin. Always in truly dubious state of dress. :D