Why I'm So Excited About The Haven on Norwegian Getaway

I've been trying to explain to some of my friends why I'm so excited about an upcoming cruise on Norwegian Getaway. It's been difficult to give a good explanation of what's so interesting about this ship when just TALKING... what I really needed to be able to do was to show them PHOTOS. It occurred to me that what I really needed to do was put together a slide show combining photos with narration... so that's exactly what I did.

Click here to see the video!

This video focuses on The Haven... specifically the category S9 Spa Balcony cabins. It also features photos of the spa, and a few of the public areas of the ship such as the Illusionarium and the waterslides.

All photos were taken by Andreas Depping of http://www.cruiseship-gallery.de and are used with his permission.

Edited by Spaniel Lover

Great job! Very creative! I could hear the excitement in your voice. NCL should hire you to promote each of their cabins. I have never seen anyone take so much time to showcase their upcoming trip. I enjoyed the entire video.

Now make sure you come back with your post cruise video and review!

I've been trying to explain to some of my friends why I'm so excited about an upcoming cruise on Norwegian Getaway. It's been difficult to give a good explanation of what's so interesting about this ship when just TALKING... what I really needed to be able to do was to show them PHOTOS. It occurred to me that what I really needed to do was put together a slide show combining photos with narration... so that's exactly what I did.

Click here to see the video!

This video focuses on The Haven... specifically the category S9 Spa Balcony cabins. It also features photos of the spa, and a few of the public areas of the ship such as the Illusionarium and the waterslides.

All photos were taken by Andreas Depping of http://www.cruiseship-gallery.de and are used with his permission.

Great video. DW and I are considering booking Getaway for May for our Anniversary. Seems like a good time to book the Haven, especially with their latest promotion.

Great slide show! You will really love your Haven Suite...the hardest part will be going back to a regular cabin (as you can see from my signature) :D

We were on the Breakaway (sister ship to Getaway) and Andreas' photos were the first real look we had at her. Andreas does spectacular photos and even though the Getaway is nearly identical to the Breakaway, I was still in awe of each slide in your slide show.

BTW, the large chandelier does indeed have some movement (as per your commentary) but each light is suspended from metal bars to stabilize it. Also, the large TV screen is actually the main Atrium. It spans two stories and they use it for a myriad of activities. The first floor of the atrium has the café (Cake Boss & Coffee) as well as the internet café and customer service area. The second story houses O'Sheehans where you can order up pub food (included in fare, no extra fee) like wings and shepherds pie and sit to watch a ballgame on the big screen.

The Haven staff will spoil you so much, you will never want to go back to cruising with the masses again! We enjoyed our S6 on the Breakaway, and have many photos of the Breakaway Haven accommodations in my review in my signature if you are interested. Enjoy your cruise!!