Kids' club ncl jewel info needed

Chinprin

We are cruising on the ncl jewel in October with our almost-4-year-old twin boys. I think they will enjoy going to the kids' club since they go to pre-school and absolutely love it.

Anyone have any reviews or info on recent trips to the kids' club? Especially for the 3-5 group. What kind of activities did they do? Did you kids eat any meals there...how does that work? Do they ever go in the pool during kids' club, or its all 'dry' activities? How about port days...are there activities planned and is it free or you have to pay on these days? I'm getting myself confused reading information about the old and new programs.

Any and all info would be greatly appreciated because I'm a planner and I feel like I'm lacking info to completely plan for my boys' 1st cruise!! Thanks!!

I can help you a little because I have experience with the "old" kids club. But my old experience isn't that old ;)

They do eat with the kids club but only on certain nights. It's not every night. You sign up for this.

They do not swim with the kids club.

And if I get copies of the new program I will let you know :D

Thank you! If I'm reading the new info correctly it looks like "port play" is now free, expect or meal times (12-1 & 5-6). I'm happy to read this because I think we may stay on the ship at some ports and if my boys like the kids club, they will want to go every day!

You know what - hold that thought because the one blog posted today on the NCL board links to an "Ehow" article and they mention the kids pool in relation to the kids crew splash academy about 5 times.

For me - it isn't a tried and true review. It reads more like an advertisement. I have someone picking up some splash academy pages for me this weekend on Sky so maybe I can see if they really are taking the kids to the pool.

Me again ;) can you see these pages from Jewel?

This was from the blog posted on the NCl board.

So there was no swimming. Port play was free. But port play MEALS are $6.00/hour. So if your kids stay during lunch during a port play it is $6.00.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-yhOc6jpylfc/T-Z7Tp-3jII/AAAAAAAAAGU/_JlP9gWF3Zk/s1600/WP_002616.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-wcWkKQz10bo/T-qc87rUKiI/AAAAAAAAAcg/wfvAD-QFAW4/s1600/cruise+706.JPG

Yes, I can see them! Thank you so much!

I've read somewhere that some cruise lines have their kids club move out to the beach when the ship is at the private island, and the kids do supervised activities right on the beach. But I don't think ncl does this...do you know if I am right?

Thanks for all the info you've given me already!! :)

Are you going to GSC?

I haven't heard of the club moving over there but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen. I haven't been to GSC in ages and at that point - they didn't move the kids crew over.

If I get information to the contrary you know I will be back ;)

I found the GSC info. I read some reviews and it looks like they do both. :D

They have the kids crew onboard open and some activities at "beachside" with the kids crew. From the reviews I read it looks like they were building sand castles, face painting and jewelry making on GSC.

And I went into my pages from Jewel and saw that during one of the Nickelodeon cruises that went to GSC - they definitely had activities at the beach

nickelodeonschedule.jpg

Yes port play is now free - or so I've seen. Which is great!

And I agree with you about the pools - I would be nervous if the kids were swimming ;)

Is that true on all NCL ships now? We are planning on the Dawn for March 13 and would love to just stay onboard while in Belize but dont want to pay for babysitting for the day for both kids. It would be great if we only had to pay for meal times!

As far as what I've read it looks like yes, on all ncl ships port play is now free except for 1 hour in the afternoon for lunch and 1 hour in early evening for dinner. This makes me really excited because I think we might stay on the ship at a port or 2 and I think my boys will really want to go to the kids ' club.

As far as what I've read it looks like yes, on all ncl ships port play is now free except for 1 hour in the afternoon for lunch and 1 hour in early evening for dinner. This makes me really excited because I think we might stay on the ship at a port or 2 and I think my boys will really want to go to the kids ' club.

me too!! Great news! That was the only downside to our March Epic cruise was that port days it was a fee until we sailed and alot of time after we get back from ports early the kids wanted to go but I didnt want to pay the $6/hr for each of them. Its nice to know they only charge for lunch/dinner which is perfectly acceptable.

Archived