Onboard Booking Perks?

jkadventures

Can someone enlighten us as to the advantages of booking a future voyage whilst onboard an Azamara ship? We are looking at a cruise well into 2018 and were curious if the perks were worth waiting to book it on a trip in 2017. Thanks for any info.

Part of it depends upon your Le Club Voyage level. You will get a discount according to status, 3% for Adventurer, 4 for Explorer, 5 for Discoverer, 7 for Discoverer Plus and 10 for Discoverer Platinum. This is in addition to any quarterly savings that are on offer at the time. You also get a $200 onboard credit per cabin. I do most of my bookings on the ship now, but occasionally will book at home. I have bought an Open Passage or two on the ship for this purpose as it gives the same LCV discount as if booking onboard, but you can use it at home. You don't get the onboard credit though if you do it this way.

Phil

We've booked our last couple of cruises on Azamara and Crystal on board ships and found the system suits us! Firstly before we get on the ship we try to research new cruises to get an idea of availability and prices offered, to make sure the deal is good. On both lines the prices offered were excellent we got the cabin we wanted (on board you can go and look, or you may be in it for the earlier cruise)...which i really like. We got on board credits as a bonus...on Azamara that can allow my wife to have sparkling drinks(champagne/prosecco) which are out of the drinks package. They allow you to transfer the booking if you like to your travel agent (which i like and he looks after me further!). The staff on the ships are excellent at this, it is no hassle. Furthermore on Crystal you can book a another cruise before you travel and on the ship they will give you all the benefits as if you booked on the ship..a win win! the system suits us because we like to plan well ahead (we are booked into 2018!)

We have our second Azamara cruise booked already, but since they aren't offering anything great by way of discount for 2018 we will try to re-book it while onboard this summer. That way we will at least get the LCV discount and match the existing OBC credit -- even if we have to pay the cancellation penalty it will still work out.

Thanks jkadventures for asking this!

Can someone tell me if the same Perks are available for booking An Azamara cruise while on Celebrity.

Thanks!

Yes they are, but you will probably find that Azamara knowledge on a Celebrity ship is not good. Go armed with information on special offers, available onboard perks etc before you go.

Phil

Yes they are, but you will probably find that Azamara knowledge on a Celebrity ship is not good. Go armed with information on special offers, available onboard perks etc before you go.

Phil

I'll be sure and do my homework. I appreciate the response :)

• 3 weeks later...

We are going on our first Azamara sailing next week but we have status from our Celebrity sailings. The Azamara sailing will take us to the next level in the Captain's Club/Le Club Voyage tier. If we book while on ship, will we get the discount based on the tier before the sailing or the tier we will be once the sailing is complete? Also, if we were to book a December 2016 sailing now with our TA, would we be able to modify it while on ship to get all the on-board booking perks?

Thank you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

If you book on the ship they will look at your current status and apply a discount on that basis. The only way you could get the higher percentage discount is to do an Open Passage certificate, wait until you complete your Azamara cruise, get to the higher level and then use the Open Passage certificate. Only problem is you wouldn't get the onboard credit of $200 per cabin for booking on the ship and the certificate does have some fare restrictions. If it were me I'd book it on the ship if the price is right. Not sure what level you are at, but it's probably only going to be a percentage point or two.

As to your second question, no. You wouldn't be able to book with your TA and apply perks retrospectively.

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden

If you book on the ship they will look at your current status and apply a discount on that basis. The only way you could get the higher percentage discount is to do an Open Passage certificate, wait until you complete your Azamara cruise, get to the higher level and then use the Open Passage certificate. Only problem is you wouldn't get the onboard credit of $200 per cabin for booking on the ship and the certificate does have some fare restrictions. If it were me I'd book it on the ship if the price is right. Not sure what level you are at, but it's probably only going to be a percentage point or two.

As to your second question, no. You wouldn't be able to book with your TA and apply perks retrospectively.

Phil

(bolding by me)

We are not yet sure if we'll book a specific cruise on board but are interested in an open-booking certificate - could you possible explain a bit further about the combinability? (I'm rather sure shareholder credit will be excluded, but what about quarterly savings and promotions as well as guarantee cabins ). We'll have the 7% LCV reduction .

Thank you for your answer.

If you book on the ship they will look at your current status and apply a discount on that basis. The only way you could get the higher percentage discount is to do an Open Passage certificate, wait until you complete your Azamara cruise, get to the higher level and then use the Open Passage certificate.

This past fall we booked a new cruise while on the cruise that moved us from Discoverer to Discoverer Plus. We were told the paperwork given us onboard would reflect the 5% Discoverer discount but, after completing the cruise on which we booked, our final booking confirmation would show the 7% Discoverer Plus discount. And that's exactly what happened.

(bolding by me)

We are not yet sure if we'll book a specific cruise on board but are interested in an open-booking certificate - could you possible explain a bit further about the combinability? (I'm rather sure shareholder credit will be excluded, but what about quarterly savings and promotions as well as guarantee cabins ). We'll have the 7% LCV reduction .

Thank you for your answer.

I'll try! It's so complicated with the various offers now available and my experience of using them has been a mixed bag. They are certainly combinable with the 10% LCV quarterly savings. Where I have recently found it not to be worthwhile is when there is what's called a "best available rate" that we have here in the UK (I notice you are from Germany). It seems they can't use the certificate against that price, but rather have to use the normal rate which negates using the certificate. Having said that I've made some nice savings on some bookings off the ship.

Overall my thoughts are I will try to book on the ship if I can, but if not I will buy a certificate. I get a 10% LCV reduction and as there isn't an end date in the certificate I feel it's still worthwhile me doing when that "best available rate" doesn't apply. Sorry I can't give you a more definitive answer than that. The number of offers do make the mind boggle!

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden

This past fall we booked a new cruise while on the cruise that moved us from Discoverer to Discoverer Plus. We were told the paperwork given us onboard would reflect the 5% Discoverer discount but, after completing the cruise on which we booked, our final booking confirmation would show the 7% Discoverer Plus discount. And that's exactly what happened.

Well I guess it depends who you talk to! It didn't happen that way for me. To be honest I was ok with it as it made sense I'd get the discount rate applicable at the time I was sailing. The following cruise once the points had been added I got the higher rate.

Phil

Well I guess it depends who you talk to! It didn't happen that way for me. To be honest I was ok with it as it made sense I'd get the discount rate applicable at the time I was sailing. The following cruise once the points had been added I got the higher rate.

Phil

Joao was the LCV rep onboard.

I'll try! It's so complicated with the various offers now available and my experience of using them has been a mixed bag. They are certainly combinable with the 10% LCV quarterly savings. Where I have recently found it not to be worthwhile is when there is what's called a "best available rate" that we have here in the UK (I notice you are from Germany). It seems they can't use the certificate against that price, but rather have to use the normal rate which negates using the certificate. Having said that I've made some nice savings on some bookings off the ship.

Overall my thoughts are I will try to book on the ship if I can, but if not I will buy a certificate. I get a 10% LCV reduction and as there isn't an end date in the certificate I feel it's still worthwhile me doing when that "best available rate" doesn't apply. Sorry I can't give you a more definitive answer than that. The number of offers do make the mind boggle!

Phil

The "special available rate" (which is something we also have ) quite obviously is a means not having to give a discount, because on two cruises we have booked and went on in the last 6 months we were not able to get the quarterly savings discount due to that.

So now I'll have the happy outlook on trying to find a cruise that immediately fits us for booking onboard or to buy an open certificate and try to combine it with whatever good promotion comes out later. Not the worst way to spend some hours!! ;)

Just finished B2B on Quest post refit. We sought a quote for a prospective future B2B and found it wasn't worth booking on board. The starting point was full tariff and after on board booking and LCV discounts were applied, we found the cost too expensive- especially as in the past we've had double upgrade and other deals which significantly decrease the cruise cost. The additional B2B discount is now an OBC only usable for tours. Given the ridiculously expensive costs of Azamara tours, we saw this as of little value. In these recent cruises we enjoyed private tours, arranged through CC roll call which were half the cost of ship tours for much the same content and with the added benefit of smaller group touring.

So, no booking on board for us - well keep our eyes out for future better offers which may arise.

What level will I be on Azamara with a RCCL Diamond? First time on Azamara!

Discoverer. If you aren't already you should apply to become a member of Celebrity Captain's Club (equivalent Elite) and provide that membership number for your Azamara booking. The membership number for both programs is the same. There is no separate Le Club Voyage program to join. It just piggy backs Celebrity Captain's Club.

Phil

Phil

We have never sailed Azamara, but are considering it. We are Elite Plus on Celebrity, so that would make us Discoverer Plus on Azamara. If we book the Azamara cruise while onboard our next Celebrity cruise, would we be entitled to the 7% discount and $200 OBC? If the Celebrity onboard booking agents are unfamiliar with Azamara perks, is there some dept I could refer them to? Is there a link that I should print out before boarding so I would get the available discounts? I assume that the onboard booking could be transferred to a TA? Would I later be allowed to request an upgrade for $199pp?

Also, what are these "quarterly savings" that folks are mentioning?

Thanks for the help.

Hi Floridafolks,

We booked an Azamara cruise onboard of Celebrity and got the discount and the OBC. The staff on Celebrity may not be very knowlegeable about Azamara product but they are using Azamara's booking system.