Condor Business Class

RJ2002

Any recent reports on Condor, particularly business class?

They don't seem to be well known in the US, but I ran across them when searching for flights to Europe. Las Vegas is one of their US destinations.

From what I've read, their business class seats are a bit more narrow than most, and not completely lie-flat (170 degrees, apparently). I am more concerned about the ability rest comfortably and perhaps get some sleep on the long haul flight to Frankfurt.

For a 'charter' airline Condor is fine. As a part of the Thomas Cook group they cater heavily to the vacationing German market. They do offer connecting flights sometimes from their long haul line to their basic network, although schedules are limited.

You seem to have done your research well. The seats are only 19 inch wide and this can be about 10% less than American carriers. While allowing for much greater relaxation, these angle seats can really frustrate some when trying to sleep.

I flew with similar seating with SAS Scandinavian Airlines and personally never had a problem sleeping, but these seats are being replaced with 'actual' lie flat seats and you do really notice the improvement, but they sure beat economy seating.

For a 'charter' airline Condor is fine. As a part of the Thomas Cook group they cater heavily to the vacationing German market. They do offer connecting flights sometimes from their long haul line to their basic network, although schedules are limited.

You seem to have done your research well. The seats are only 19 inch wide and this can be about 10% less than American carriers. While allowing for much greater relaxation, these angle seats can really frustrate some when trying to sleep.

I flew with similar seating with SAS Scandinavian Airlines and personally never had a problem sleeping, but these seats are being replaced with 'actual' lie flat seats and you do really notice the improvement, but they sure beat economy seating.

Thank you.

For the routing we are considering, the connecting flights out of FRA are on LH.

We don't care too much about the quality of the inflight service... it's the seat that has me questioning if it is going to be acceptable or not. On Condor's own website, on the Business Class page there is a photograph of a couple. The gentleman, in a blue sweater, looks pretty cramped in his seat!

Oh well, still considering Condor.

I have no idea of the cost, but for a (rather) longhaul flight, I'd be willing to pay a little more and have a full flat seat (specially on redeye flights).

This is still a charter airline. While they are one of the better charter companies around, a charter remains a charter.

Don't know if you fly business class regularly, but if you don't, and you want to up the trip a little bit, I'd look around for a main carrier with the real business class seat from today.

The couple of mock bookings I've performed (random dates & airports to US in C-class) came out to be pretty close in cost as it would have been with a non-charter airline.

While there is no concern about safety whatsoever, my first choice will always be a non-charter airline, except if the cost is significantly lower with a charter airline, I will consider it.

Edited by headhunterke