emirates 777

emma1674

Flew them once last year business class. Probably one of the best in the business. Fantastic service, great food and very comfortable. It consistantly rates amongst the best in the world on several web/travel pages. If you are flying economy I'm certain you will find it a notch above the rest although I can't speak to that in person.

"General" information is virtually always found on the airlines' website. In the case of Emirates, you can input your flight and get very specific information on services, inflight entertainment, sample menus, etc.

After you do your research on the primary source, if you still have questions, you can always solicit some anecdotal accounts from previous customers.

lol... i think they have 4. just general really. im not a great flyer and only flown on big aircrafts

777s have 2 jets. Trust me, I am an aerospace engineer ;)

For seating info, check http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Emirates_Airlines/information.php and select the aircraft time at left.

One issue with Emirates in coach is that they are 10 seats across on the 777, while many airlines are 9 across. This means slightly less width in the seats. For example, the 777-300ER on Emirates has a seat width of 17.5" in coach, while Cathay Pacific has 18.5" seat width for the same aircraft (because they only have 9 seats across). That may bother some people and it may not bother others...just something to consider on a long flight.

can anyone tell me what the emirates boeing 777 300 is like (flight out to dubai from manchester march)
Make sure you go on a serious diet beforehand, for the reason given by Zach1213. One inch makes a huge difference; also, the aisles are very narrow. Personally, I would change my travel plans in order to avoid Emirates' 777s, even if it meant making an additional connection.

I too have only ever counted two engines on these aircraft.

And if you want to get REALLY technical, the gaspers in passenger service units can be considered "jets". So even more than 4.

Now, if we are talking about ENGINES.....;)

Back to the original question....I'd be wary of the narrow seating. But, if you have already bought your tickets, be prepared for rubbing elbows with your seatmates.

Make sure you go on a serious diet beforehand, for the reason given by Zach1213. One inch makes a huge difference; also, the aisles are very narrow. Personally, I would change my travel plans in order to avoid Emirates' 777s, even if it meant making an additional connection..

Personally I think that is a bit of an exageration - I live in Dubai and have been flying Emirates since they started up 27 years ago. I have lost count of the number of times I have flown back and forth between here and the UK on 777's and have no problem with the seats - I'm 5'8", a little above 'average' in size and always select an aisle seat. If you go to the Emirates website and click on 'fleet' it gives you lots of info, photos, etc. about the seating, entertainment system, food, etc. on all aircraft in the fleet. Although the fare is usually slightly higher Emirates also operate the A380 to Manchester (afternoon departure from MAN is A380, evening departure is 777), that is slightly more comfortable in Economy than the 777's. For a 7 hour flight, I'll take the non-stop Emirates flight over a connecting flight any day - they are very reliable and with the ICE entertainment system the time flies!!!

Anne

PS - although it does only have 2 engines it is a big aircraft...

Edited by Jayayeff

Although the fare is usually slightly higher Emirates also operate the A380 to Manchester (afternoon departure from MAN is A380, evening departure is 777), that is slightly more comfortable in Economy than the 777's.
The A380, in constrast, is quite acceptable. If that's all the changing of plans that the OP needs to do, I'd recommend it.

And if you want to get REALLY technical, the gaspers in passenger service units can be considered "jets". So even more than 4.

Now, if we are talking about ENGINES.....;)

Well a bit of geeky fun at the expense of further hijacking the thread (sorry)...

In an engineering / thermodynamics context, the things on the wing, the APU, and the RAT are all "Engines". And if a jet (popular term) is an engine that uses the Brayton Cycle, they are all jet engines too! Trust me, I'm an Engineer! :D

Now, back to the original programming with my profuse apologies!

• 2 years later...

In this video, we flew on the Emirates A380 from Dubai to London. It was the second leg of our Singapore to London flight. The first leg was of course Singapore to London. Both legs were on the A380.

I was quite tickled that the flight number was EK007 - Dubai to London. Yeah, I called this the James Bond flight. :)

[YOUTUBE]4DUkv4aihuU[/YOUTUBE]