Promenade stateroom vs. interior stateroom - FOS

seemak

Hi there,

I am close to booking on the Freedom of the Seas - Western Carribean. I want adjoining rooms and they don't have any available for interior staterooms. All they have are the promenade staterooms on Deck 8. Can someone tell me what is bad about the promenade staterooms? I have small kids 4 and 2 so I'm not sure if that is a consideration as well.

I've only ever travelled in an interior room and am not sure what the difference is.

Thanks

The short answer is that there is nothing bad about the promenade rooms. They have a bay window where you can sit and watch the people go by whilst you read. By definition they are centrally located horizontally and vertically. You get to watch the parades, etc. from the comfort of your room.

The only possible down side is when there is a parade or party on the promenade and you can hear it however normally you can't hear anything.

There is nothing bad about the PR rooms! We had PR rooms on Explorer and Liberty (same class as Freedom) and enjoyed them very much. I would choose a PR over a traditional IN room any day! Book it and enjoy:)

Edited by KeywestK

You may want to consider a Family Promenade room as well, Category FP. We just stayed in one on FOS last week with our 3 kids. They are a great option. HERE is the link

Let me know if you have any questions. If it is not available, 2 Promenade rooms would be great too. We loved being able to look down at the Promenade.

If I had to pay more for the Promenade room...then no, I would not choose it over an interior. Bottomline is that we ended up having the curtains closed most of the time while in a Promenade room, thus turning our Promenade into an INTERIOR room.

Sure, the little window seat is nice, and occasionally its cool to look down and all the people, but I would not pay more again for this 'benefit'.