Water bottle / Bottled Water on Carnival

Dragonjojo

Going on a 7 Carnival cruise on the 5th of March on the Dream.

• Would you guys recommend bringing bottled water?
  • If so should it be carry on?
  • What about a water bottle? I use a stainless steel (Klean Kanteen) that I love and was thinking about bringing it.
    • Would it being stainless steel cause problems or would I just need to make sure that when boarding the ship it was always empty and carry it on?

[*]If the stainless steel isn't recommended do you guys recommend bringing any sort of reusable water bottle?

Thanks everyone!

Bring the water bottle and refill it with the tap water from the ship. That water is purer than bottled water and free.

That's what I was going to say. Also, I might bring one of those BPA free, unbreakable, reusable plastic bottles (like you can buy in the Target sporting goods section) instead of metal. If you are out and about in a hot climate, the metal ones can heat up.

Going on a 7 Carnival cruise on the 5th of March on the Dream.

• Would you guys recommend bringing bottled water?
  • If so should it be carry on?
  • What about a water bottle? I use a stainless steel (Klean Kanteen) that I love and was thinking about bringing it.
    • Would it being stainless steel cause problems or would I just need to make sure that when boarding the ship it was always empty and carry it on?

[*]If the stainless steel isn't recommended do you guys recommend bringing any sort of reusable water bottle?

Thanks everyone!

Bring a couple of cases of water. The exercise will be good for you.

Just be aware, the ship's water is as good as any bottled water.

We always take the large bottled water they put in our room (they charge us $1-2 for it) and than just refill it every morning. In most cases the water on the ship is actually made on-board via desalinization. Sometimes the ship buys water if the sail time between ports is short (the sailing time is important because they use the heat from the ships smoke stacks to desalinate the water). We learned all about this on a Q&A with the Captain aboard the Noordam.

Kirk

water at the buffet is very good - just keep refilling you own bottle. If you aren't flying you can bring it full. We have two stainless thermoses that Carnival gave us and we use them on all our cruises, never a problem.

Agreed. We're picky about water and have found the water onboard ships to be usually quite good.

I would remind everyone to keep good sanitary practices by not filling personal water bottles directly at the buffet beverage stations. Instead, fill a clean glass from the buffet and then transfer the water into personal water bottles.

beachchick

Archived