SneakingBooze

Have you been drinking?

You tube.

Google.

Save all your change and buy the alcohol.

Rum runners.

They will find almost everything else.

They X-ray your luggage.

You can bring two bottles of wine per cabin on most ships.

You tube is your best bet.

They could prevent you from boarding the ship if you're caught.

Find the cost for drink package. Say $50.00 a day. That's $350 a week.

Divide by let's say 10 months until your cruise.

That's about a $1.00 a day.

Start a piggy bank.

It's really not worth it.

You already know you can't carry booze on the plane - it would have to go in your checked baggage. I have done that before, but I've known other people who have done so and the bottles broke - result, they had to pay a fortune for laundry on the ship, or have nothing to wear!

So plastic bottles are the way to go, and even then you need to be extra careful they won't leak or break. There are specially designed ones:

http://www.rumrunnerflasks.com/

The airlines don't care if you've got bottles in your checked bags, so the Rum Runners will work no problem - BUT you've got an extra hurdle getting on the ship because they are looking for bottle shapes or anything that could contain a substantial amount of liquid, so you need to further disguise the flasks by hiding them inside shoes etc.

We're not spirit drinkers and we also couldn't see the point of bringing booze that we could only drink sitting in our cabin! Besides, our cruise had a port day almost every day so we had plenty of opportunity to have a drink in on-shore bars. So we didn't bother.

How to, help, tips at sneaking booze? Silly question-if the booze is in your carry on ?? Are you taking it on the flight too? Or buying alcohol and filling before boarding ship?

First of all, welcome to Cruise Critic. If you are indeed a first time poster then you may not be aware that this topic is one of the most over discussed and addressed topics on the boards. As a result it certainly is not a novel idea with secrets and tricks never before thought of - by passengers and most notably by the cruise lines. The cruise lines know of every trick in the book and the likelihood of someone coming up with new idea and not getting caught is very slim.

So the moral of the story here is why bother - just abide by the policies and buy your drinks on board. Enjoy your cruise.

BTW I'll take butter on mine as well......;)

Just wanted to mention that a lot of novice cruisers have this same question. They want to take their own alcohol on board. My own sister and her husband tried this on their first two cruises. Yes, we read about it here a lot, but the fact remains that people are going to ask about it because they simply do not know. ;)