Can you buy Tim Tams in USA?

If you ask me they're just an inferior copy of the Penguin (Arnott based TimTams on Penguins) but if you prefer them I think you can find them in Buy Low for a price comparable to many local choccy biccies Karen.

I pick up an occasional packet of McVities or Walkers there and find their pricing is a fraction of the British Import shops - around $3 instead of $5 plus. The Nestors in Yaletown has a display with lots of imported biccies too, for not much more than Buy Low and with a few extra brands (I can reliably find Tunnocks Caramel Wafers there which my wife adores).

If any Aussies are really interested I could maybe pick up a few packs and come down to the pier to sell them on for an outrageous markup...?

...but if you prefer them I think you can find them in Buy Low for a price comparable to many local choccy biccies Karen...

Thanks - I haven't tried Buy Low but they are in my local IGA for $4.99, I think it is. WAY too much for what you get (probably 12 cookies). I consider them a treat and I do not share. LOL!! j/k :D:D:D

EDITED to add: some of the lower mainland Wal Mart stores carry British products, if you are interested. We have bought Cadbury chocolates, biscuits, etc. for a fraction of what our local British import store has.

Edited by Langley Cruisers

• 2 weeks later...
Just recently Tim Tams have made their way to Canada via the Loblaws and Superstore grocery stores! I saw chocolate flavor and caramel flavor ones recently! I'm sure you'll find them in the US.

And you just reminded me, it would be fantastic to have a Tim Tam on the deck with a nice hot cup of coffee/tea!

Also found Tim Tams in Save-On (Canada) this weekend. I bought a couple of packages just because of this thread. LOL.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Beware when traveling that you get the real ones. When they were sold in the USA under the pepperidge farm name they were made in Australia with corn syrup. The real ones are made with sugar. Most Australians could tell the difference. Also in Asia there are strange flavors sold. They are made in Indonesia or viet nam and are horrible.

They have tried to sell in the USA many times but never very successful.

My wife was one of the owners of Arrnots until it was sold for political bus reason.

Beware when traveling that you get the real ones. When they were sold in the USA under the pepperidge farm name they were made in Australia with corn syrup. The real ones are made with sugar. Most Australians could tell the difference.

Wow, this thread is 34 pages long now! Woot for Tim Tams!! :D :p

Thank you for this information, jig; I will definitely be reading the label next time I purchase.

Beware when traveling that you get the real ones. When they were sold in the USA under the pepperidge farm name they were made in Australia with corn syrup. The real ones are made with sugar. Most Australians could tell the difference. Also in Asia there are strange flavors sold. They are made in Indonesia or viet nam and are horrible.

They have tried to sell in the USA many times but never very successful.

My wife was one of the owners of Arrnots until it was sold for political bus reason.

Yuck to corn syrup.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No search function so I can't determine if it has been already mentioned but the reason you see Pepperidge Farm selling Arnott products is that they're both owned by the same corporate parent, Campbell Soup. Tim Tams have been sol in Canada for over 13 years but they were initially labelled as something else (someone else must have owned the name in Canada and/or the U.S. too).

Campbell Soup has a bunch of brands in their portfolio including a caramelised soy sauce from SE Asia.

The only thing sold in the USA was the Tim tams. No other arnotts cookies or crackers are sold in the USA. Even though Sao's should be. I believe that they are no longer being sold under the PF name. Did not do well. World market and a few others are selling them as a direct import.

Campbell took control of the company in the 90s. My wife is of what was the controlling family.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...