May 29th Fantasy Review- Costa Maya and Cozumel

h_blond2

h_blond2, this was my first ever cruise! I was on the ship too! We had an absolute blast. Love your pics. God, I miss the beautiful water in Costa Maya so much. But, hopefully next year we can get back down that way on another cruise. We are thinking of doing Triumph or Dream out of New Orleans next time though and going through Montego and Grand Cayman then back through Cozumel to New Orleans. Have you been to any of those ports before?

h_blond2, this was my first ever cruise! I was on the ship too! We had an absolute blast. Love your pics. God, I miss the beautiful water in Costa Maya so much. But, hopefully next year we can get back down that way on another cruise. We are thinking of doing Triumph or Dream out of New Orleans next time though and going through Montego and Grand Cayman then back through Cozumel to New Orleans. Have you been to any of those ports before?

Been to all those ports many times. They are all very nice. New Orleans is terrific also.

I'm glad you had a great first cruise! I have never been to Montego Bay or Grand Cayman, but have sailed out of New Orleans several times. I have cruised on the Triumph, but didn't really care for the ship. I will be on the Dream next May. My mom and dad cruised on the Dream last year and mom liked it more than the Triumph.

Sent from my LG-K371 using Forums mobile app

• 1 month later...

Thank you for the detailed review. I am going on the Fantasy in January on this itinerary and it was very helpful. I have been to Cozumel 3 times but Costa Maya is a first. I had 2 sailings with bad weather also.

Thank you for the detailed review. I am going on the Fantasy in January on this itinerary and it was very helpful. I have been to Cozumel 3 times but Costa Maya is a first. I had 2 sailings with bad weather also.

I'm glad I helped! Have fun!

I am interested in the Captains Table. Did you go there ? I was wondering what sort of things were on that menu and if it was actually worth the extra $150

I have no information about the Captain's Table...sorry!

• 1 month later...
Thank you for a great review! I'm sailing on Fantasy in two days. It's been a while since I've been out of the Mobile port and this will be my first time to Costa Maya.

Glad you enjoyed! You will love Costa Maya...Mahahaul was absolutely gorgeous!

Really enjoyed your review! We are going on our first cruise in Jan, and will be sailing on the Dream. We plan on a Fantasy cruise next time! Thanks again for the review, and your photos are beautiful!!

Let me know how the Dream is! I will be on that ship for the first time in May and I can't wait!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for posting your review! Its very helpful! I booked a room at the Microtel too, and I have heard good things about their shuttle. Is the beach at Costa Maya or do you have to pay? I see some places that have like a beach and relax package and not sure if the beach at Mahahual is the same......

Thank you for posting your review! Its very helpful! I booked a room at the Microtel too, and I have heard good things about their shuttle. Is the beach at Costa Maya or do you have to pay? I see some places that have like a beach and relax package and not sure if the beach at Mahahual is the same......

I'm sure that some of the beaches are an all inclusive type place, but most seemed to be free, as long as you bought a few drinks. I hear great things about the Tropicante. Free admission, but you can reserve a chair if you contact them ahead of time.